King of New York (1990)
Tuesday 20th October 2020
Arguably maverick filmmaker Abel Ferrara's most accessible and explosive film, King of New York's status as an urban gangster classic is cemented by a magnetic, career-best central performance by Christopher Walken, as well as riveting support from Laurence Fishburne, Wesley Snipes, Giancarlo Esposito, Steve Buscemi and David Caruso.
After years inside, drug lord Frank White (Walken) is fresh out of jail and back on the streets of New York City. Seeing himself as half Scarface, half Robin Hood, Frank and his enforcers brutally take back control of the city, turf by turf - with starry dreams of using the millions to benefit the community and save a local hospital. Before Frank can fulfil his ruthless lust for power, though, he's got to get past the crooked cops determined to take him down, and the criminal competition that won't bend to his will.
Still just as relevant and incendiary now as it was three decades ago, King of New York returns 16th November 2020 on 4K UHD with guns blazing in this definitive special edition from Arrow Video, including a new director-approved 4K restoration.
- New 4K restoration from the original negative by Arrow Films, approved by director Abel Ferrara and cinematographer Bojan Bazelli
- 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
- LPCM original stereo and remixed DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio options
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director Abel Ferrara
- Audio commentary with composer Joe Delia, producer Mary Kane, casting director Randy Sabusawa and editor Anthony Redman
- Interview with director Abel Ferrara
- Interview with producer Augusto Caminito
- Abel Ferrara: Not Guilty, a documentary on the director from the French TV show Cinéastes de notre temps
- A Short Film About the Long Career of Abel Ferrara, a documentary looking back at the director's career, including interviews with his key collaborators
- Original theatrical trailers and TV spots
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Tracie Ching
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collectors' booklet containing essays on the film by Iain Sinclair and Abel Ferrara biographer Brad Stevens
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.