From the humans that brought you 21 Jump Street & Cocaine Bear, Strays, is released on Blu-ray and DVD 20th November 2023 from Universal Pictures (UK).
A subversion of the dog movies we know and love, Strays, is a hilarious, live-action comedy about the complications of love, the importance of great friendships, and the unexpected virtues of couch humping. After a fast-talking terrier (Jamie Foxx; Ray, Dreamgirls) shows a naïve pup (Will Ferrell; Step Brothers, Elf) that his beloved owner (Will Forte; The Last Man on Earth, Nebraska) is a dirtbag, the dogs embark on an epic adventure for revenge.
The hilariously entertaining and full of heart Strays features an a-list lineup of comedic talent in-front of and behind the camera with director Josh Greenbaum (Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar) and stars Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers, Confessions of a Shopaholic), Randall Park (Marvel's WandaVision, Fresh Off the Boat) and Brett Gelman (Stranger Things) alongside Will Ferrell, Jamie Foxx and Will Forte.
Plucky pup Reggie (Ferrell) thought he and his owner Doug (Forte) were playing an innocent game of fetch. It isn't until he meets Bug (Foxx), a streetwise stray who says only suckers have owners, that Reggie realizes his miserable master intentionally abandoned him in the big city. With two more pooches (Fisher & Park) adding fuel to his furry fire, Reggie goes from cute to cunning as he and Bug concoct a crazy scheme to get back to Doug and give him a big bite between his legs. Revenge has never been this riotous, or this irreverent, as the hilariously absurd antics of these four furballs turn typical animal adventures totally upside down.
Forget everything you know about "dog movie" drama because this is one journey home that's off its leash and over the top.
- Talk Like a Dog - Meet the humans behind the dogs as Will Ferrell, Jamie Foxx, Isla Fisher, and Randall Park discuss how they got into the canine mindset to voice their roles
- The Ultimate Treat: Making Strays - Go on a journey with filmmakers and cast and share in their joy at bringing this unique film to the big screen
- Poop, Booms, and Shrooms - You'd be surprised how challenging it is filming big scenes with non-human actors. In this piece we take a look at how the filmmaking team executed some of the film's most memorable sequences
- Will Forte: Stray Actor - Sit down with Will Forte and learn what it's like playing someone we all hate. Filmmakers and his castmates join in to reveal why Will was the best man for the job
- Training to be Stray - Sit, stay, pee, hump? Take a look at the creative methods used by trainers to get the canines to perform
- A New Best Friend - The bond between human and dog is undeniable. So much so that director Josh Greenbaum couldn't resist bringing a stray from set home with him
- Feature commentary with Director/Producer Josh Greenbaum and Screenwriter/Producer Dan Perrault
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.