The world of Gilbert And Sullivan comes to vivid life in this extraordinary dramatisation of the staging of their legendary 1885 comic opera The Mikado from Mike Leigh (Naked, Secrets and Lies).
Jim Broadbent (Moulin Rouge, Iris) and Allan Corduner (Yentl, Vera Drake) brilliantly inhabit the roles of the world-famous Victorian librettist and composer, respectively, who, along with their troupe of temperamental actors, must battle personal and professional demons while mounting this major production.
A lushly produced epic about the harsh realities of creative expression, featuring bravura performances and Oscar-winning costume design and makeup, Topsy-Turvy is an unexpected period delight from one of contemporary cinema's great artists.
Topsy-Turvy is given the Criterion treatment and released on Blu-ray 19th October 2020 by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
- Director-approved digital transfer, supervised by cinematographer Dick Pope, with DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
- Audio commentary featuring director Mike Leigh
- New video conversation between Leigh and the film's musical director, Gary Yershon
- A Sense of History, Leigh's 1992 short film written by and starring actor Jim Broadbent
- Deleted scenes
- Featurette from 1999 including interviews with Leigh, stars Broadbent and Allan Corduner, and other cast members
- Theatrical trailer and TV spots
- Plus a booklet featuring an essay by film critic Amy Taubin
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.