Experience a night of magical fun when the worldwide box-office hit Night At The Museum comes to life on DVD on }2nd April 2007/b} from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
Night At The Museum -- starring Ben Stiller, Robin Williams and UK star talent Steve Coogan and Ricky Gervais -- is your ticket to enjoy the comedy and adventure that is unleashed between sundown and sunrise in the hallowed halls of the Natural History Museum and is the perfect Easter boredom buster this April. This museum tour of fun for the entire family continues with an impressive gallery of enjoyable DVD special features.
No museum night watchman can hold back the hilarious adventures that are set in motion when Rexy, the Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Dexter the monkey, along with a museum full of wild-eyed prehistoric creatures, fierce ancient warriors, long lost tribes, African mammals and history's legendary heroes come out to play. Their antics, first exhibited in the film, remain on display on the DVD along with a wide assortment of special features demonstrating how Night At The Museum came to life.
Larry Daley (Stiller, Madagascar, Starsky & Hutch), is a down and out dreamer who just can't seem to hold down a job. He has always believed he was destined for big things, but has no idea just how big a challenge he will face when he begrudgingly accepts a position as the new night guard at New York's Natural History Museum, taking over from the three elderly curators Cecil (Van Dyke), Gus (Mickey Rooney) and Reginald (Bill Cobbs).
On his very first night on the job, Larry is handed an over-sized flashlight and a dog-eared instruction manual, then left all alone in the eerily quiet, cavernous museum - but it won't be quiet for long! He is about to discover that when the visitors go home at the end of the day, the real adventure begins as the museums stuffed, waxed and well-preserved residents come out to play!
- Bringing the Museum to Life - take a walk through the museum from the special effects point of view. From storyboards, acting with things that don't exist, green screens, all the way through to the computer animation process see how the film's museum was brought to life
- Monkey Business - meet the real actor, a living, breathing monkey who plays Dexter and does a great job of exasperating Ben Stiller's character
- Blooper Reel - things don't always go as planned on set, even for the professionals - see for yourself in this reel
- Deleted and Extended Scenes - this gallery of scenes that didn't make it to the big screen can be watched with optional commentary by Director, Shawn Levy. Here he can explain why the material was shot but not used in the film
- Audio Commentary: Director, Shawn Levy - Shawn Levy takes you through the film from the director's point-of-view. Giving an insider's look the director discusses the process he undertook in bringing Night at the Museum to the screen
- Audio Commentary : Writers - the screenwriters talk about adapting this magical story from book to the big screen.
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.