Adapted by Kemp Powers (Soul) from his acclaimed play, the feature directorial debut of Academy Award-winning actor Regina King (If Beale Street Could Talk) puts viewers in a room with four icons at the forefront of Black American culture as they carouse, clash, bare their souls, and grapple with their places within the sweeping change of the civil rights movement.
February 25, 1964, has gone down in history as the day that the brash young boxer Muhammad Ali (then known as Cassius Clay) defeated Sonny Liston, but what happened after the fight was perhaps even more incredible: Ali (Race's Eli Goree), civil rights leader Malcolm X (High Fidelity's Kingsley Ben-Adir), NFL great Jim Brown (Hidden Figures' Aldis Hodge), and "King of Soul" Sam Cooke (Hamilton's Leslie Odom Jr.) all came together at a Miami motel.
Electric with big ideas and activist spirit, One Night in Miami plunges us into the midst of an intimate, ongoing conversation - and a defining moment in American history.
One Night in Miami is given the Criterion treatment and released on Blu-ray 20th December 2021 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
- New 4K digital transfer, approved by director Regina King, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio
- New conversation between King and filmmaker Kasi Lemmons
- New conversation among King, screenwriter Kemp Powers, and critic Gil Robertson
- Conversation between King and filmmaker Barry Jenkins from a 2021 episode of The Director's Cut - A DGA Podcast
- New program featuring King and actors Kingsley BenAdir, Eli Goree, Aldis Hodge, and Leslie Odom Jr.
- New program on the making of the film, featuring King, Powers, director of photography Tami Reiker, editor Tariq Anwar, producer Jody Klein, costume designer Francine Jamison-Tanchuck, and set decorator Janessa Hitsman
- New program on the film's sound design, featuring sound editor and mixer Andy Hay, sound mixer Paul Ledford, and music producer Nick Baxter
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- English descriptive audio
- PLUS: An essay by critic Gene Seymour
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.