Black Mirror: Series 3 (2017)
Saturday 4th November 2017
Over the last ten years technology has transformed almost every aspect of years, our lives before we've had time to stop and question it. In every home; on every desk; in every palm a plasma screen; a monitor; a Smartphone a black mirror of our 21st Century existence. Our grip on reality is shifting. We worship at the altars of Google and Apple. Facebook algorithms know us more intimately than our own parents. We have access to all the information in the world, but no brain space left to absorb anything longer than a 140-character tweet.
Black Mirror is a hybrid of The Twilight Zone and Tales of the Unexpected which taps into our contemporary unease about our modern world.
Black Mirror: Series 3, released on DVD and Blu-ray by Spirit Entertainment Limited on 27th November 2017, contains six stand-alone dramas which are sharp, suspenseful, satirical with a techno-paranoia bend all audacious What if stories: some comic, some shocking but all entirely unlike anything else you've ever seen on television.
- Nosedive - A woman desperate to boost her social media score hits the jackpot when she's invited to a swanky wedding. But the trip doesn't go as planned
- Playtest - An American traveller short on cash signs up to test a revolutionary new gaming system, only to discover the thrills are a little too real
- Shut Up and Dance - After a virus infects his laptop, a teen faces a daunting choice: carry out orders delivered by text message, or risk having intimate secrets exposed
- San Junipero - In a seaside town in 1987, a shy young woman and an outgoing party girl strike up a powerful bond that seems to defy the laws of space and time
- Men Against Fire - After his first battle with an elusive enemy, a soldier begins experiencing unfamiliar sensations and strange technical glitches
- Hated in the Nation - The Death of a journalist at the centre of a social media firestorm leads a veteran detective and her tech-savvy apprentice to a chilling discovery.
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.