Multi-Region Handset Codes
Please note - People have being reporting that these Sony hacks don't work. These instructions come from a sheet supplied by vendors that sell pre-chipped players. They then add these extra features to the firmware. A plain unmodified player will not respond to these button press combinations. For more information try Norway based company www.tronika.co.no. If you go to the Sony DVD player section you can either buy a pre-modded player or DIY kit. The only way to make your player multi-region is to either modify the player yourself (not recommended if you are not handy with a soldering iron) or get your hands on a Sony DVD service remote which you may be able to rent for about £40.
- Open the drive tray
- Enter 9, 8, 1, 7 on remote to access the system menu
- Select region from 1 to 6 or set it to 9 for Multi-region. Macrovision can also be disabled from this screen
Please note - Any codes are entered entirely at the owners risk. DVD365.net takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information nor for any effects using this information may have on any equipment. Where the purchase of an additional remote is required, please double check before parting with any money. Beware, by making your player region free some RCE encoded discs may refuse to play on your machine.
Latest News View All
Static : Milo Ventimiglia and Sara Paxton star in the critically acclaimed creepy horror Static which makes its debut on DVD on 15th July 2013, courtesy of Second Sight Films.
0 comments 0 reactions
- Stolen : Director Simon West and Nicolas Cage team-up for the first time since Con Air for Stolen, the action-heist thriller that takes place during 12 frantic hours in New Orleans, out on Blu-ra...0 comments 0 reactions
- Oz, The Great and Powerful : The fantastical family adventure Oz, The Great and Powerful debuts on Disney Blu-ray, Digital Download on iTunes, 3D Blu-ray and DVD on 1st July 2013.0 comments 0 reactions
- Jumper : The fantastical journey through space and time, Jumper, makes the jump to 3D for the first time ever when it becomes available on Blu-ray 3D from 5th August 2013 from Twentieth Centur...0 comments 0 reactions