Review View All
Dolby Digital (5.1)
1 Hour 48 Minutes
25th February 2001
Robert De Niro
Male nurse Greg Focker is madly in love with his girlfriend Pam and he plans an elaborate proposal using Pam's school class. Unfortunately, moments before he proposes Pam's mobile phone rings and her sister Debbie steals Greg's thunder by announcing that she's engaged. He also overhears that Debbie's boyfriend had sought approval from her father so he decides to do the same when they visit the Byrnes family home.
Unfortunately, things get off to a bad start when his bag goes AWOL at the airport. Things soon go from bad to worse when Greg's attempts to impress Pam's father go drastically wrong. What ever he does and touches results in disaster after disaster as he turns into a one man wrecking crew, so much so I'd have packed up and go home long before the end of the film.
Picture and Sound
The picture is bright and colourful, if a little washed out, and has an above average bit-rate through out the film resulting in a clean and clear image. There's no signs of artifacting and with the film stock being new there are no picture imperfections or scratches.
By providing both a Dolby Digital and DTS soundtrack on the DVD you can judge for yourself which sound format is better than the other. Unfortunately, this film is not the best one to make that judgment as far too little happens in the surround channels. Both formats come across well with the dialogue being clearly audible in the centre channel. However, I'm sure that the 'are your sure you're not thick' message when you select the DTS soundtrack has gone on long enough - thank you, but we don't need it anymore!
Similar to his appearance in Analyze This, Robert Di Niro is funny without even attempting it and with Ben Stiller on top form you'll laugh from start to finish. My favourite line from the film must have been when Jack sat up in bed and turned to his wife and said "Do you realise that Pam's middle name is Martha?" I laughed so much, so I'll leave that one to work out for yourself!
Along with a tremendous amount of extras, and an extremely funny film to boot, this is a real must buy, so go buy it!
- Spotlight on Location
- Feature Commentary with Director Jay Roach and Editor Jon Poll
- Feature Commentary with Cast Members Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Director Jay Roach and Producer Jane Rosenthal
- Deleted Scenes with Commentary
- Lie Detector Test
- Forecaster Game
- Production Notes
- Cast and Filmmakers Biographies and Film Highlights
- Theatrical Trailer
- Universal Showcase
- DVD-ROM Enhanced
Other Reviews Available with these Actors
Robert De Niro
Latest Reviews View All
A Dangerous Method : Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley star in director David Cronenberg's adaptation of Christopher Hampton's play detailing the deteriorating relationship between Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung as they struggle with a particul...
0 comments 0 reactions
- The Revenant : When Bart, a soldier serving in Iraq, wakes up the morning after his own funeral, he does what every normal person does when climbing out of a coffin - head off to see his best friend and carry on lif...0 comments 0 reactions
- Made in Chelsea : Series 4 : They're back. Expect more drama than ever, some immaculate dressing, plenty of recession free spending and some fabulous destinations in Series 4 of Made in Chelsea.0 comments 0 reactions
- Utopia : Ever wondered where your food came from? Ever wondered what your food contains? Ever wondered where that new strain of flu came from? And, finally, once and for all, just where is Jessica Hyde? Prepar...0 comments 0 reactions
Most Popular View All
Racing Stripes : A baby Zebra is adopted by farmer's daughter and grows up thinking that it's a racehorse with a burning desire to race in the Kentucky Open.
20 hits 0 comments 0 reactions
- Shameless : Series 10 : The unthinkable has happened - the Department of Work and Pensions have finally caught up with job dodger Frank. Faced with losing his benefits, he finds himself in a nightmare fantasy on death row, h...17 hits 0 comments 0 reactions
- Max Payne : The Harder Cut : Max Payne moves from the video game arena to the big screen as a rogue cop out for revenge for the brutal murder of his wife and family. Get ready for beautiful women, dark allies and plenty of gunfir...11 hits 0 comments 0 reactions
- The Rum Diary : American journalist Paul Kemp takes on a freelance job in Puerto Rico for a local newspaper during the 1960s and struggles to find a balance between island culture and the expatriates who live there.7 hits 0 comments 0 reactions