News Story View All
Garden God Monty Don, the first ever amateur gardener to host BBC's Gardeners' World, journeys from the south of Italy to the north, visiting some of the country's most beautiful, impressive and interesting gardens along the way in Monty Don's Italian Gardens available on BBC DVD from 23rd May 2011.
Garden God Monty Don, the first ever amateur gardener to host BBC's Gardeners' World, journeys from the south of Italy to the north, visiting some of the country's most beautiful, impressive and interesting gardens along the way in Monty Don's Italian Gardens. Complete with picturesque views and stunning scenery, Monty Don's Italian Gardens is available on BBC DVD from 23rd May 2011.
Italy boasts some of the finest gardens in the world. Join Monty on a voyage of discovery as he explores the magnificent formal gardens for which Italy is famous, and seeks out some less well-known romantic hideaways and luxuriant semi-tropical creations, unravelling the story behind each to explain its history, drama, romance, intrigue and beauty. From the lemon growers of Amalfi, to the bolthole that once played host to Greta Garbo and her lover; from the creations of the Medicis' greatest garden-maker - and ruthless ruler - Cosimo 1 to the Baroque lakeside exuberance of Isola Bella, this four-part series is bursting with great characters, compelling stories and captivating insights.
Monty says: "The only thing I like more than hands-on gardening is to visit other people's gardens, and I am thrilled at the prospect of travelling to some of the most spectacular gardens in the world in a country I love. This will be a very personal trip, relishing gardens of all kinds, from the secret to the palatial, and setting them all into the context of Italian life, landscape and culture - and learning more about our gardens too."
Latest News View All
Sacrifice : From one of China's most influential directors Chen Kaige comes Sacrifice, an epic tale of paternal love and retribution debuting on 20th May 2013, courtesy of High Fliers Films.
0 comments 0 reactions
- White Collar Hooligan 2: England Away : Director Paul Tanter is back with the DVD release of the fist thumping sequel White Collar Hooligan 2: England Away, out on 20th May 2013, courtesy of Entertainment One0 comments 0 reactions
- The Long Riders : Legendary director Walter Hill's classic take on the Western, The Long Riders makes its Blu-ray debut on 3rd June 2013, courtesy of Second Sight Films.0 comments 0 reactions
- Horrible Histories - Series 4 : More gory tales, gruesome characters and the silliest stories from the past as the team give the history books another good shake as BBC Worldwide release Horrible Histories - Series 4 o...0 comments 0 reactions
Most Popular View All
Suits: Season Two :
1 hits 0 comments 0 reactions
- Arne Dahl :1 hits 0 comments 0 reactions
- The House Bunny :1 hits 0 comments 0 reactions
- 30 Nights Of Paranormal Activity With The Devil Inside The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo :1 hits 0 comments 0 reactions