The Avengers - the Complete Series 4 (1965)
Friday 30th January 2015
Extraordinary crimes against the people and the state have to be avenged by agents extraordinary. Two such people are madcap agent John Steed (Patrick Macnee), top professional, and his glamorous partner, Emma Peel (Diana Rigg), talented amateur. Otherwise known as The Avengers.
The Avengers - the Complete Series 4 was a defining series for many reasons; the production budget increased with location shoots being favoured over the original studio setting, it was the last of the series to be shot in black and white, as well as the first to be shot on film, allowing multiple camera angles.
A cult classic, this seven disc boxset includes the complete and uncut Series 4, on Blu-ray for the first time, jam packed with over six hours of special features, The Avengers - the Complete Series 4 is not to be missed when released on 23rd February 2015, courtesy of StudioCanal.
- Exclusive audio commentaries with: director Roy Ward Baker and scriptwriter/producer Brian Clemens on The Town of No Return, scriptwriter Robert Banks Stewart on The Master Minds, scriptwriter Roger Marshall on Dial A Deadly Number, director Gerry O'Hara on The Hour That Never Was and director Don Leaver on The House That Jack Built
- The Series of No Return - Exclusive audio interview with Elizabeth Shepherd
- Armchair Theatre - The Hothouse (starring Diana Rigg)
- USA Chessboard opening sequence
- Strange Case of the Missing Corpse promotional trailer
- Alternative end tag from Death At Bargain Prices
- Episode reconstructions for series 1 scripts Kill The King and Dead of Winter
- Colourised test footage from Death At Bargain Prices and A Touch of Brimstone
- Reconstructed 'The Avengers are back' John Stamp trailer
- Alternative UK opening and closing credits
- Alternative UK animated bumpers
- UK animated bumper
- Variant opening title credits for The Gravediggers
- French opening credits
- German opening credits
- ITN Newsreel footage
- Stills galleries
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.