The Bible - TV Miniseries
Friday 29th November 2013
From Executive Producers Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel) and Mark Burnett (The Voice, Survivor) comes The Bible - the Emmy® nominated, epic 10-hour mini-series coming to Blu-ray and DVD on 26th December 2013, courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
The Bible features powerful performances, exotic locales and dazzling visual effects that breathe spectacular life into the dramatic tales of faith and courage from Genesis through Revelation. This historic television event has been a huge success in the USA and continues to entertain and inspire across the globe.
"We are honoured and excited to bring The Bible series to the UK audience", said executive producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett. "This is such a wonderful time of year for families to be able to share the stories of the Bible and it is a great home coming for us".
Narrated by BAFTA award winner Robert Powell (Jesus of Nazareth), The Bible features powerful performances from a formidable UK cast including Nonzo Anozie (Game of Thrones), Kierston Wareing (Eastenders), Louise Delamere (Waking the Dead), Matthew Gravelle (Broadchurch) Jake Canuso (Benidorm), Paul Freeman (Hot Fuzz), Simon Kunz (The Parent Trap) and Peter Guinness (Centurion). Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado stunningly portrays Jesus Christ and beloved Irish actress Roma Downey stars as Mother Mary.
British Directors Christopher Spencer, Crispin Reese and Tony Mitchell expertly craft the series, alongside cinematographer Christopher Titus King. And for the first time since their award winning collaboration on Gladiator, Oscar® and Grammy® winning composer Hans Zimmer reunites with acclaimed vocalist Lisa Gerrard to create the majestic musical backdrop for this epic production.
Following the series airing the four-disc Blu-ray and DVD box sets will be available to own. The box set dives deeper into the making of the series and features a behind-the-scenes look at how the ground-breaking docudrama came together. Interviews with producers, directors and cast illustrate creative collaboration on-set and off and show how the remarkable Moroccan scenery was transformed into the world of the Bible.
LightWorkers Media and Hearst Productions Inc produce The Bible series. Executive Producers are Roma Downey, Mark Burnett and Richard Bedser.
- The Bible: Genesis - With Mark Burnett and Roma Downey as our guides, we discover how the team approached the -daunting task of filming the stories of the Bible
- The Cast of The Bible - Highlighting the international cast, we join Mark and Roma on their search for the perfect actors to bring the characters from the Bible to life
- Creation I: The Vision, The Look - Discover the vision of producers Roma Downey and Mark Burnett in this behind-the-scenes look at how The Bible was created including the incredible team, beautiful location, high-quality production and superb costume design
- Creation II: Production Stories - An exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the challenges faced by the production - including the supernatural experiences with snakes on set - plus Diogo's approach to portraying who he has called the most complex figure in human history
- Creation III: Crucified & Resurrected - A deeper look into the emotional filming of the crucifixion, resurrection and the last days in Morocco
- Scoring The Bible - A rare look into the recording session for the soundtrack of The Bible with genius composer Hans Zimmer and award-winning soloist Lisa Gerrard
- Believing in Miracles - The cast and crew relive the magical moments that happened while filming in the deserts of Morocco
- The Bible: Visual Effects - A montage of the striking visual effects that make The Bible the most high-quality Biblical epic of all time
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.