The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: 40th Anniversary Restoration
Monday 29th September 2014
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre not only changed the face of horror in 1974 but still remains one of the most shocking, powerful and terrifying films ever made. Now to celebrate its 40th Anniversary, a brand new restored version comes to Blu-ray courtesy of Second Sight on 17th November 2014.
Widely banned on release, its notoriety has not diminished and this harrowing tale of a depraved Texan clan and its chain-saw-wielding icon of horror Leatherface continues to stun and disturb audiences like no other film.
Supervised by director Tobe Hooper, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre has received a stunning 4K restoration and 7.1 audio mix, looking and sounding like never before. The film will be released as a two-disc limited edition Steelbook blu-ray with brand new artwork created by Doaly and stacked with brand new bonus features, a standard two-disc Blu-ray, with reversible sleeve featuring the new artwork and the original U.S. poster artwork will also be available, on 17th November 2014.
Brand New Special Features
- Audio commentary with Director Tobe Hooper
- New audio commentary with Cinematographer Daniel Pearl, Sound Recordist Ted Nicolaou and Editor J. Larry Carroll
- 'Cutting Chain Saw' with Editor J. Larry Carroll
- 'Grandpa's Tales' with actor John Dugan
- Horror's Hallowed Grounds
- New deleted scenes/outtakes
Other Special Features
- Audio commentary with Tobe Hooper, Actor Gunnar Hansen, Cinematographer Daniel Pearl
- Audio commentary with Actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger, and Paul A. Partain and Production Designer Robert Burns
- 'The Shocking Truth' documentary plus outtakes
- 'Flesh Wounds' - Seven Stories of The Saw
- 'Off The Hook' with Teri McMinn
- 'The Business of Chain Saw' with Production Manager Ron Bozman
- Tobe Hooper interview
- Kim Henkel interview
- Deleted scenes and outtakes, trailers, TV and Radio spots
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.