The Battle Of The Sexes (1960)
Sunday 29th March 2020
When American businesswoman Angela Barrows (Constance Cummings) is sent by her company to Edinburgh to look into potential export markets, she meets Robert MacPherson (Robert Morley), a company manager who has just inherited his father's textile business and wants her advice on updating it to modern standards.
Before long Angela is introducing all sorts of new-fangled ideas and the employees, scandalised that they have to work under a female boss, turn to Mr Martin (Peter Sellers), who promises to lead the fight against the interloper.
The Battle Of The Sexes is released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray 20th April 2020 from BFI.
- Hancock's Hard Boiled Eggs: Sellers's contemporary, the Lad from East Cheam himself, Tony Hancock, appears with The Battle Of The Sexes' Patricia Hayes in this cracking collection of 11 egg-cellent Egg Marketing Board adverts from 1966
- A Ghost Of A Chance (1968, 50 mins): Bonus feature-length fun for all the family as Sellers's chum Graham Stark stars with Ronnie Barker, Patricia Hayes, Jimmy Edwards, Bernard Cribbins and Terry Scott in a corking Children's Film Foundation comedy
- Images of Edinburgh in Archive Film: An atmospheric selection of rarely-seen short films capturing Scotland's capital in the first half of the 20th Century, from the vaults of the BFI National Archive
- Woolly Wonders: Evocative 1940s archive films of traditional Scottish clothmaking, shot in colour by the great Jack Cardiff
- Image gallery
- Fully illustrated booklet with an essay by the BFI's Vic Pratt; biographies of Charles Crichton, Constance Cummings, Robert Morley and James Thurber by Kieron McCormack; notes on the special features and full film credits
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.