Deepwater Horizon (2016)
Monday 28th November 2016
Inspired by real events, informed by real lives and redefining the concept of cinema as spectacle, the action thriller of 2016 comes to digital download on 23rd January 2017, before coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD on 30th January 2017, courtesy of Lionsgate Home Entertainment.
On April 20th, 2010, the world's largest man-made disaster occurred on the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico. Based on an article by David Barstow, David Rohde and Stephanie Saul published in the New York Times, this story honours the brave men and women whose heroism would save many on board, and change everyone's lives forever.
From acclaimed director Peter Berg (Patriot's Day, Lone Survivor), Deepwater Horizon also features a stellar cast, including Mark Wahlberg (Lone Survivor, The Fighter), Kurt Russell (The Hateful Eight, Bone Tomahawk), John Malkovich (Zoolander 2, RED 2), Gina Rodriguez (TV's Jane The Virgin), and Dylan O'Brien (The Maze Runner, TV's Teen Wolf).
An unflinchingly tense depiction of a uniquely human story, Deepwater Horizon is at once a brilliant action thriller and the first, best reason to hit the shops this January!
- Beyond The Horizon - Go on-set with Mark Wahlberg as he discusses his involvement in the film, his preparation to play Mike Williams, and his memories of making Deepwater Horizon. This piece also features thoughts from Mike Williams on his story, his interaction with Wahlberg and the production of Deepwater, and impressions of seeing his life on-screen
- Beyond The Horizon - Join Kate Hudson as she remembers her work on the film as Felicia Williams, her time in New Orleans, and her favourite day shooting Deepwater Horizon. Felicia Williams also features to share her memories, thoughts on the making of the movie, and her discussions with Kate Hudson. Kurt Russell, Gina Rodriquez & Dylan O'Brien also feature
- Captain Of The Rig: Peter Berg - Stars Mark Wahlberg, Kate Hudson, Gina Rodriguez, Kurt Russell and more discuss the stunning vision and unparalleled work of director Peter Berg to bring Deepwater Horizon off the page
- The Fury Of The Rig - Director Peter Berg, stars Mark Wahlberg, Kate Hudson, Gina Rodriguez and others will detail the incredible work involved in bringing Deepwater Horizon's incredible rig and explosive stunts to life. From the production design and construction to the VFX and sound, an extraordinary collection of artists and technicians came together to create one of the largest free-standing sets in movie history
- Deepwater Surveillance - Throughout the shooting of Deepwater Horizon, the production documented the shooting of many of the film's most difficult and interesting scenes and shots with a collection of GoPRO cameras. Deepwater Surveillance will give viewers access to the Deepwater set and see this raw footage uncut and up-close
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.