Sunday 28th June 2015
Branded as a video nasty in the UK, director Luigi Cozzi's Contamination, restored and released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray by Arrow Films on 6th July 2015, takes the premise of Ridley Scott's classic Alien and peppers it with exploding guts galore and a dangerously infectious soundtrack from celebrated Italian prog-rockers Goblin (Deep Red, Suspiria).
A cargo ship drifts up the Hudson River. Its crew: all dead, their bodies horribly mutilated, turned inside out by an unknown force. Its freight: boxes upon boxes of glowing, pulsating green eggs. It soon becomes clear that these eggs are not of this planet, and someone intends to cultivate them here on Earth. But who? And to what end?
Starring Italian horror veteran Ian McCulloch (Zombie Flesh Eaters), Contamination is an ultra-violent sci-fi epic that really gets under the skin. In space, no one can hear you scream but on Earth, the terror rings loud and clear!
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original camera negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Newly translated subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- Brand new audio commentary by filmmaker, Fangoria editor and Contamination super-fan Chris Alexander
- Notes on Fantasy Cinema: An archive documentary featuring behind-the-scenes footage and director Luigi Cozzi on the birth of Contamination
- 2014 Q&A with Cozzi and star Ian McCulloch
- Sound of the Cyclops: Maurizio Guarini on the music of Contamination the Goblin keyboardist discusses Contamination s dark, progressive rock score and a lifetime of making music for Italian terror
- Cozzi vs. Lewis Coates a brand interview with the director in which he discusses his filmmaking career from past to present · Imitation Is The Sincerest Form of Flattery: A Critical Analysis of the Italian Cash-in a brand new featurette looking at the Italian genre movies which sought to cash-in on popular Hollywood blockbusters
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Chris Alexander
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.