Return of the Killer Tomatoes! (1988)
Monday 27th June 2016
The killer tomatoes are back! But this time around, they're going to have to contend with late '80s George Clooney and his wicked mullet... Is it a fruit? Is it a vegetable? Nope, it's Return of the Killer Tomatoes, released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray on 27th June 2016, courtesy of Arrow Video!
Ten years on from the Great Tomato War, mankind lives in fear of another uprising by the waxy red menace. Meanwhile, Professor Gangreen - played with gusto by the great John Astin from TV's The Addams Family - sets out to pursue his own evil ends by creating a burgeoning army of tomato militia men (who, somewhat conveniently, look just like regular men).
Following on from the 1978 cult classic Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Return of the Killer Tomatoes came armed with a healthy sense of its own ridiculousness and would expand upon a franchise that now comprises four films, two TV series and a video game. So what are you waiting for? Make Return of the Killer Tomatoes one of your five-a-day now!
- 2K restoration from the original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original mono audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with writer-director John De Bello
- Hangin' with Chad- Brand new interview with star Anthony Starke
- Image gallery featuring rare behind-the-scenes stills
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin
- Fully-illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing by critic James Oliver
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.