CSI Miami 5.1 / CSI NY 4.1 (2008)
Tuesday 27th May 2008
The multi-award winning world wide phenomenon that is CSI is returning to DVD with the 30th June 2008 DVD release of CSI Miami 5.1, Episodes 5.01-5.12 as a 3-disc DVD box set, courtesy of Momentum Pictures. Each thrilling episode of the new season is filled with the same twists and turns that keep the CSI team working at peak form in order to speak for Miami's victims who can no longer speak for themselves.
Introduced as part of a regular season episode of the top-rated drama series, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI Miami premiered on the CBS Television Network in 2002. The premiere received the highest rating of any network drama in the past eight years and garnered a People's Choice Award for Best New Drama Series. A fast-paced forensics drama set against the lush backdrop and pulsing rhythms of the southernmost U.S. metropolis, CSI Miami follows South Florida's foremost team of investigators who use cutting-edge forensics and police work to solve crimes. Led by Lieutenant Horatio Caine (David Caruso), the Miami-Dade Crime Scene Investigators work amid the lush, tropical surroundings and cultural crossroads of Miami. Caine, a former bomb squad detective from New York, often relies on a mix of gut instinct and the forensic evidence presented by each case.
CSI Miami 5.1 kicks off with one of the most exciting backdrops ever filmed in the series. Horatio Caine and Erik Delko jet off to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to seek revenge for the murder of Marisol Delko Caine. Before they leave Brazil, characters living on each side of the law will die, and the drug lord's business will continue in Miami, putting Ray Jr.'s life in dire jeopardy.
During CSI Miami 5.1, each member of the team faces their own life-threatening calamities, each time bringing the team closer together for living through them. Alexx is caught in the crossfire of a rocket explosion while at the courthouse to testify, and is nearly killed by the blast. Calleigh is targeted for death when a suspect fears that her work on a case will bring them down. After ending his relationship with an opportunistic news reporter, Wolfe finds himself going back to her for help... this time at Horatio's urging.
Out two weeks later is CSI NY 4.1. This thrilling 3-disc DVD box set released on 14th July 2008 follows a set of New York forensic investigators who use high-tech science to follow the evidence and solve crimes in the Big Apple. During Season 4 the audience will be sent for a joy ride when they watch Detective Mac Taylor cope with a dangerous stalker with a fixation on the number 333, bloody t-shirts, calls in the middle of the night and a puzzle of the New York Skyline spotted with blood. What does it mean and how does it connect with Mac? Will he figure out the dubious message before it's too late?
Meanwhile, Stella meets a younger man who launches into a vigorous pursuit for her attention. With her past relationship failures in place, she's leery to jump into a new romance, but he persists, affections never waning. Will this charming young man win her heart?
Through the course of CSI NY 4.1, Mac, Stella along with the rest of the team continue to make Manhattan a safer place, putting away one bad guy after the next. Don't miss a minute of the new season that follows the Crime Scene Investigators of New York as their cases escalate taking them on a whirlwind tour going as far as Chicago and finally back to the city where it all began, the city where lights shine brighter than anywhere else in the world, New York.
Episode Guide CSI Miami 5.1
- 501 - Rio Horatio and Delko travel to Rio de Janeiro to hunt down the man who killed Marisol Cain, Horatio's new bride and Delko's while there, Caine learns that both his brother Ray and Ray's son, Ray Jr are involved in an international drug ring operating out of the city's dangerous favellas
- 502 - Going Under Calleigh is run off the road while investigating a motorcycle gang's illegal gun smuggling operation, during which Horatio and his team discover the gang's secret weapon...a gun that can shoot around corners
- 503 - Death Pool 100 The team uncovers an offshore counterfeiting operation while investigating the murder of a celebrity whose death means big bucks for those betting on her demise in a twisted game of money and murder
- 503 - If Looks Could Kill The team is drawn into a world where looks are everything when high-fashion modelling suddenly becomes the deadliest occupation in Miami. Natalia gets a surprise visit from her ex-husband
- 505 - Death Eminent The CSI team mix community service and investigate crime fighting when a city councilman's dead body is found in an enviable waterfront neighbourhood, where the team must link the murder of a young girl to the dead councilman, a dubious developer and a scandalous judge
- 506 - Curse of the Coffin Stolen gold bars, a bomb-rigged police bait car, and a bloody female victim surrounded by scary Santeria voodoo icons keep the CSI team spooked as they attempt to find a golf club-wielding murderer
- 507 - High Octane The CSI team's race to solve the murder of a decapitated teenage stunt driver leads them to an opportunistic trust fund darling and an international stolen car dealer
- 508 - Darkroom The CSI team's pursuit of a serial killer intensifies after Boa Vista's missing sister is found amongst the illusive perp's black & white photo gallery
- 509 - Going, Going Gone The murder of a beautiful model "auctioned" off for charity leads the CSI team to a slick entrepreneur and the funds behind a terrorist sleeper cell weapons operation
- 510 - Come As You Are The CSI team investigates the murder of a decorated U.S. Marine Corps recruiter, with both military and civilian suspects under suspicion
- 511 - Backstabbers The CSI team pursues Al-Qadr terrorists and Los Craneos gang-bangers after a defence attorney and a young grocer are murdered
- 512 - Internal Affairs Horatio and his team are once again investigated when both Natalia Boa Vista and Maxine Valera are arrested for the murder of Boa Vista's ex-husband, who is Valera's current beau.
Episode Guide CSI NY 4.1
- 401 - Can You Hear Me Now? A murder on the Statue of Liberty rattles New York as the CSI team tries to catch the killer before he strikes again
- 402 - The Deep The CSI team investigates the death of a professional diver in relation to a rumour of sunken treasure in the New York Harbour
- 403 - You Only Die Once The CSI team investigates a murder tied into a string of "spy" robberies targeting the elite while Mac continues to receive mysterious phone calls
- 404 - Time's Up The CSI team investigates the bizarre murder of a scientist, as well as the unusual death of a college girl
- 405 - Down The Rabbit Hole The CSI team investigates a string of murders that revolve around an online world, apparently performed by a hit man
- 406 - Boo The CSI team investigates two eerie murders on Halloween; one, an apparent zombie attack, the other a faked murder/suicide in a house with a spooky past
- 407 - Commuted Sentences The CSI team works to solve two seemingly unrelated murders that turn out to be connected
- 408 - Buzzkill The CSI team investigates crimes one involving a model that was killed on a billboard in Times Square, and another centred around a robbery
- 409 - One Wedding and a Funeral The CSI team investigates the murder of a groom on his wedding day and the appearance of a mysterious box on the hood of Stella's car
- 410 - The Thing About Heroes... Mac travels to Chicago in order to solve the mystery of the 333 caller while the rest of the CSI team works on a murder in a subway car
- 411 - Child's Play The CSI team investigates the death of a wealthy man in a hip nightclub and the inadvertent shooting of a young boy during a robbery
- 412 - Happily Never After The CSI team investigates the murder of the owner of a posh hotel as well as the death of a teenagers that seems to be connected to Peter Pan.
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.