Rock of Ages (2012)
Wednesday 26th September 2012
It will be nothin' but a good time when Rock of Ages arrives onto Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download on 8th October 2012 from Warner Home Video.
Based on the hit Broadway musical and featuring the heart-pounding hits of Def Leppard, Foreigner, Journey, Poison, REO Speedwagon, Twisted Sister and more, "Rock of Ages" is a love story that celebrates big dreams and loud drums. The Blu-ray features the extended edition, with over 13 additional minutes of more songs, more dancing and more laughs.
From acclaimed director Adam Shankman (Hairspray), the hilarious and fun Rock of Ages follows small town girl Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. The musical comedy stars Julianne Hough (Burlesque) as Sherrie and actor/singer Diego Boneta in his feature film debut as Drew. Sharing the journey with Sherrie and Drew is an all-star cast including Russell Brand (Arthur, Get Him to the Greek), Academy Award® nominee Paul Giamatti (Cinderella Man), Academy Award® winner Catherine Zeta-Jones (Chicago), Malin Akerman (The Proposal), R&B queen Mary J. Blige and multiple Emmy®-winner Bryan Cranston (TV's Breaking Bad, The Lincoln Lawyer), with Academy Award® nominees Alec Baldwin (The Cooler) and Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol).
Rock of Ages will be available on Blu-ray and single disc DVD. The Blu-ray features the extended edition and theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray and the theatrical version in standard definition on DVD. Both the Blu-ray and the single disc DVD include UltraViolet which allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition theatrical version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.
- Extended cut (+13m of footage)
- "Legends of The Sunset Strip" - Rockstars Def Leppard, Poison, Whitesnake, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi and many more relive the music and vibe of the extraordinary Sunset Strip
- "Defining a Decade" - Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blidge, Catherine Zeta-Jones, director Adam Shankman and others to show us inside the world of the late '80s!
- The '80s Look- a look at the flawlessly researched and spellbinding look of Rock and Roll in the '80s
- It's All About The Moves - Adam Shankman and Mia Michaels show us the choreography and the moves
- The Sunset Strip- Recreate the Hollywood sign and the Sunset Strip of the 80's
- The Tease- How to Hair. 80's style
- Raising the Bar - A look at the historical significance of the real "Sunset Strip"
- Clubs in the '80s and how they shaped the design of the "Bourbon Room" in the movie
- Connection to the Music - the cast talk about their personal connection with the music of "Rock of Ages"
- So It Started In A Bar- the story behind the creation of the five-time Tony nominated, Broadway phenomenon "Rock of Ages"
- "Any Way You Want It" - Music Featurette
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.