Continuum - Season 1
Friday 25th January 2013
Starring Rachel Nichols, all ten episodes from the first season of the time-travelling Canadian sci-fi drama Continuum will be released on DVD on 28th January 2013 by Universal Pictures UK.
In the year 2077, the ruthless leaders of the terrorist group Liber8 escape execution by time traveling to 2012, taking tough-as-nails cop Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols, G. I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) with them. A stranger in a strange land, Kiera poses as a government agent and joins forces with police detective Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster, Castle) and teen tech wizard Alec Sadler (Erik Knudsen, Jericho) to capture the terrorists before they can alter the future and turn the world upside down.
Packed with explosive action and astonishing visual effects, Continuum: Season One is an adventure too thrilling to miss!
- A Stitch in Time - In the year 2077, 8 terrorists from the group Liberate manage to avoid execution by transporting themselves to 2012. In doing so however, they also transport Kiera Cameron, a law enforcement officer. Soon after her arrival, she gets into contact with Alec Sadler, the inventor of technology that will control future society. One of the terrorists, Lucas Ingram, is arrested soon after their arrival, but the remainder arm themselves and hope to blend into society while carrying out their agenda: to start a war
- Fast Times - Kiera's pretense of being a Portland police officer doesn't last very long and she soon finds herself under arrest. She manages to get free and with young Alec Sadler's help, creates a profile for herself that convinces the police that she is a government agent so deep undercover that that they can't possibly figure out who she really works for. She knows that the members of Liber8 are trying to return to their own time and she has every intention of traveling along with them and reuniting with her son
- Wasting Time - Kiera and Carlos investigate two deaths where the victims have had large cylindrical holes incised into the backs of their necks. A review of the victims' DNA reveal a special gene, one that would be used in a futuristic super-soldier. In fact, the victims' pituitary glands have been removed. Unknown to Kiera, Travis is quite ill and the glands are needed to synthesize a cure. He's on his death bed however leading some in the group to start jockeying for position in the hopes of replacing him. One of the group arranges to meet Kiera but it may just be a trap
- Matter of Time - Kiera and Carlos investigate the murder of a Professor Ames who was experimenting with a high energy device. It's apparent that the weapon used to kill him is quite advanced and Kiera believes that it could be the work of Liber8. His graduate student, Shane Mathers offers to help them but finds that all of the professor's files were stolen. They suspect Dr. Melissa Dobeck, a former partner who split with Ames after a disagreement over ownership of the intellectual property, but she denies having anything to do with it
- A Test of Time - Edouard Kagame has a plan to get rid of Kiera once and for all: by killing her grandmother Lily Cole so that Kiera will never be born. The first woman they kill by the name of Lilly Cole turns out to be the wrong woman and when Kiera hears the news she knows exactly what he's up to. She sets out to find her grandmother but isn't quite ready for the pregnant and homeless punk she finds living on the street. Kellogg gives her a heads up but a suspicious Kagame has already taken out insurance against him
- Time's Up - Liber8 is actively supporting and encouraging violent protests but it all becomes deadly serious when they kidnap the CEO of Exotrol, Henrietta Sherman. Kiera suspects Liber8 was behind the violence at the protest to provide cover for the kidnapping. A video of Sherman is soon on the Internet and her kidnappers demands, $20 million in cash, is revealed. It's all part of a game however as Edouard Kagame decides to put the decision to kill or free her to an Internet vote. It turns out that someone inside Exotrol may be working with Liber8
- The Politics of Time - Carlos finds himself investigating the murder of a woman he slept with the night before her death. He had received a call from an old friend, Jim Martin, who was having an argument with journalist Alicia Fuentes. Carlos knew Alicia, picked her up and after dinner spent most of the night at her apartment. When they find her dead the next morning, he tells no one, not even Kiera, that he was there until about 1:30. Martin is running for election as the head of the local dock workers union on a platform of cleaning up the union's corrupt practices
- Playtime - Kiera and Carlos investigate two murders where the shooters immediately committed suicide after eliminating their victims. Both were software testers for a local computer gaming company that's been developing an immersive holographic program and Kiera decides to try it out. The effects on her are devastating. Not only have her internal electronics gone haywire, she is now under the control of Edouard Kagame and Liber8. Alec works frantically to reboot her processors but also finds a previously unknown file addressed to him
- Family Time - Kiera and Carlos visit Roland Randol's farm to check up on an excessively large purchase of farm fertilizer. Kiera is somewhat taken aback to find Alec there, not realizing that Randol is his step-father. Randol assures them that there has been a mistake and that he never purchased as much fertilizer as they claim. When they check the storage shed however, they find a truck rigged with the chemicals and ready for use as a bomb. It's Randol's son Julian and his friends who are looking to make statement even though the elder Randol has never preached violence
- End Times - After spending the night with Kellog, Kiera meets Martin Bradley who convinces her he was in the control room when the time travel device went off only he was sent back to 1992 and for 20 years has been waiting for this particular day - the day a bomb goes off killing many people and starting the evolution into the world of the future. They manage to evacuate the building where they think the explosion will take place. It doesn't work out as planned and unknown to Kiera, the terrorist attack is all part of a plan that was hatched in 2077
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.