Space: 1999 - The Complete Second Series (1977)
Thursday 24th September 2015
September 13th, 1999...
A nuclear waste dump on the moon unexpectedly detonates, blasting the moon out of orbit and taking the inhabitants of Moonbase Alpha on a fantastic voyage of discovery to the stars, fraught with danger at every turn.
Long awaited, this second series Gerry Anderson's cult sci-fi series is presented here as a stunning High Definition restoration for the very first time. All 24 episodes, presented here in their original 1.33:1 aspect ratio with optional original mono or new 5.1 soundtracks, are featured alongside a wealth of special features
Space: 1999 - The Complete Second Series is released on DVD and Blu-Ray on 28th September 2015, courtesy of Network.
- Music-only tracks on all episodes
- Unexposed: Behind the Scenes of Series Two - filming The Mark of Archanon
- Stock Footage Archive: alternate takes and unused shots
- Production Audio: original source recordings for material from four episodes
- Cosmos: 1999: a stop-motion fan film from 1979
- Martin Landau: in-depth interview from 1994
- Archive Interviews with cast and crew
- Seed of Destruction: the series two episode re-edited and re-scored as if it were made for series one
- Outtake: a blooper featured in It'll Be All Right on the Night
- Trailers and promos: contemporary promotional material for the UK and US
- Behind the Scenes - Model Shop: footage taken during The AB Chrysalis - with Brian Johnson commentary
- Clean series two titles
- Image galleries of rare and previously unseen stills
- Script and annual PDFs
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.