Mr. Peabody and Sherman
Thursday 24th July 2014
Unleash the fun at home with the hilarious comedy-adventure, DreamWorks Animation's Mr. Peabody and Sherman, released on DVD and Blu-ray on 6th October 2014, courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. Mr. Peabody (Ty Burrell) is an inventor, scientist and genius who just happens to be a dog. With his son Sherman, he will embark on the most extraordinary adventure imaginable as they race against time to repair history and save the future.
Directed by Rob Minkoff (The Lion King, Stuart Little) and from the team behind family favourite franchises The Croods and How to Train Your Dragon, Mr. Peabody and Sherman features hilarious performances from an incredible voice cast of popular stars including Ty Burrell, Ariel Winter, Stephen Colbert, Leslie Mann, Max Charles, Patrick Warburton and Allison Janney.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman is based upon the beloved characters that first appeared in in the late 1950s and early 1960s animated television series Rocky and His Friends and The Bullwinkle Show, produced by Jay Ward.
Sit back and go WABAC to experience the ultimate joy ride and loads of laughs when Mr. Peabody and Sherman arrives on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD on 6th October 2014. Jay Ward fans will want to get the 3D Blu-ray release which has everything for enthusiasts to celebrate the Jay Ward legacy including a 5-minute All New Rocky & Bullwinkle short and several original TV episodes.
Blu-ray Exclusive Special Features
- Rocky & Bullwinkle & Friends Show - See the premiere episode of the original 1959 television show
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman Segments - Watch five segments from the original television series including Robin Hood, Leonardo Da Vinci, Louis XVI, William Shakespeare, and "Ludwig Van Beethoven"
- History's Greatest Mysteries - A Dog and his Boy
- Peabody's Paw Print on History - We take part in the excitement as Mr. Peabody gets his pawprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theatre. Cast members Ty Burrell (voice of Mr. Peabody) and Max Charles (voice of Sherman), join filmmakers Rob Minkoff (director), Alex Schwartz (producer) and Tiffany Ward (executive producer) for the festivities. Also on hand (or paw?) are some of Mr. Peabody's very famous furry friends, including Lassie, Beethoven, Rin Tin Tin, and a very adorable dog named George Clooney
- Time Travel Memory Match game
- The WABAC Jigsaw Puzzle game
- Tour of the WABAC Machine - Mr. Peabody, himself, takes us on an in-depth tour of the WABAC machine. He explains what many of the WABAC's knobs, buttons, and gizmos do. Exactly what is a Pneumatic Dressilator? A hemidemisemiquavatron? And, those windshield wiper controls.how exactly do they help while speeding through the space-time continuum? Mr. Peabody explains it all!
- Time Travel: Mad Science - We talk to real physicists Kenneth Wharton and Anthony Aguirre to find out if there is any possibility of time travel, and if so, how it would work. We explore the two time travel theories of the Block Universe and the Multi-Verse. We also learn why scientists think only forward time travel is possible, and how Einstein's Theory of Relativity still determines how scientists imagine the possibilities of time travel
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- World of DreamWorks Animation - Music videos from your favourite DreamWorks Animation feature films
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.