Conan The Barbarian (1982)
Tuesday 24th May 2011
Thief. Warrior. Gladiator. King. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is proud to announce Conan The Barbarian, directed by John Milius and starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, available to own for the first time on Blu- ray from the 11th July 2011.
Arnold Schwarzenegger makes his striking screen debut as the legendary warrior hero, Conan the Barbarian. This new Blu-ray release has 2 new special featurettes entitled Art of Steel: The Blacksmith & Swordsman and Conan: From the Vault which were not available on any previous DVD release.
The film is set during the (fictional) prehistoric Hyborian Age, a time after the fall of Atlantis but eons before the rise of known ancient civilizations. As a young Cimmerian boy, Conan is instructed by his father (William Smith) on the importance of steel to their people and its relationship with their god, Crom. Soon after, a group of warriors led by Thulsa Doom (James Earl Jones) systematically destroys Conan's village.
Thulsa Doom's lieutenant, Thorgrim, whacks the villagers with his hammer, their dogs kill Conan's father and Rexor, another lieutenant of Doom's, steals the sword of Conan's father. Conan's mother is beheaded by Thulsa Doom in front of Conan with the sword Rexor stole. They sell the children into slavery after the village is rampaged. Having been forced to push The Wheel of Pain for years, a now-adult and extremely muscular Conan (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is trained as an arena fighter and then inexplicably freed by his master and begins a dangerous, full-blooded quest to avenge his parents massacre. The film's epilogue shows an aged Conan sitting upon a throne, crowned as King.
- UK Theatrical Version (triggered from English Menu's only)
- Commentary by Director John Milius & Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Deleted Scenes Sequence
- Conan Unchained: The Making of Conan
- Conan - Rise of the Fantasy Legend
- Special Effects Split Screen Video
- The Conan Archives
- Theatrical Trailers
- New Extra: Art of Steel: The Blacksmith & Swordsman: Examines the making of and significance of Conan's Sword. (10mins)
- New Extra: Conan; From the Vault: Newly discovered interviews shot in 1982 with Arnold Schwarzenegger, John Milius, James Earl Jones and Sandhah Bergman. (10mins)
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.