The Driller Killer (1979)
Tuesday 23rd August 2016
One of the most notorious of the 'video nasties', Abel Ferrara's exploitation-art-house crossover was judged almost entirely on its video artwork with the film itself left out of the equation. Now it gets the release it deserves with a stunning Limited Edition SteelBook from Arrow Video with the film fully uncut and in all its unnerving, stylish glory.
In career that has encompassed such controversial classics as Ms. 45, Bad Lieutenant and Welcome to New York, none of Abel Ferrara's films have quite managed to match the shock, extremity and downright notorious nature of The Driller Killer.
Ferrara plays struggling artist Reno, a man pushed to the edge by the economic realities of New York living in the late seventies and the No Wave band practising in the apartment below. His grip on reality soon begins to slip and he takes to stalking the streets with his power tool in search of prey...
One of the most infamous 'video nasties', in part thanks to its drill-in-head sleeve, The Driller Killer, released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray on 28th November 2016 from Arrow Films, has lost none of its power to unnerve and is presented here fully uncut.
- Brand new restoration from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by director and star Abel Ferrara, moderated by Brad Stevens (author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision) and recorded exclusively for this release
- Brand new interview with Ferrara
- Willing and Abel: Ferraraology 101, a new visual essay guide to the films and career of Ferrara by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45
- Mulberry St. (2010), Ferrara s feature-length documentary portrait of the New York location that has played a key role in his life and work, available on home video in the UK for the first time ever
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.