Die Hard : 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Collection
Saturday 22nd December 2012
A true Hollywood superstar... One of the greatest movie characters of all time... Bruce Willis is Detective John McClane and Die Hard is the action franchise that redefined the genre for a new generation. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment marks Die Hard's quarter-century anniversary with the release of the Die Hard 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Collection on 28th January 2013, touting nearly two hours of never-before-seen content.
With the latest in the franchise, A Good Day To Die Hard arriving in cinemas on February 14, now is the perfect time to re-live every awesome Die Hard moment with the latest Blu-ray box set. The collection features the first four Die Hard films in high-definition Blu-ray and an all-new bonus disc, "Decoding Die Hard". This unparalleled tribute to the tough-as-nails cop with a wry sense of humor and a knack for explosive action is available for pre-order now.
This supreme collection features slick new packaging and is a must have for film fans' collections. "Decoding Die Hard" boasts all new footage in seven featurettes that investigate the "recipe" of this successful franchise. Gain insight into the development and origins of each Die Hard film with over 40 exclusive interviews with cast and filmmakers including: Directors John McTiernan (Die Hard, Die Hard With A Vengeance), Renny Harlin (Die Hard 2), Len Wiseman (Live Free Or Die Hard); actors Jeremy Irons (Die Hard With A Vengeance), Alan Rickman (Die Hard), Justin Long (Live Free Or Die Hard), Kevin Smith (Live Free Or Die Hard); producers; writers; and much more.
Die Hard heralded a new breed of hero and action film, where an ordinary man uses his wits and natural abilities to overcome extraordinary circumstances. From the dire situations in which John McClane is thrust, to the obstacles he must overcome, to the criminal masterminds he must take down, McClane is the essence of the Die Hard films and the reason for the franchise's enduring popularity over the years. He is the right hero for the right time!
Bonus Disc - Decoding Die Hard
- Origins: Reinventing the Action Genre (19:31) - Based on the crime novel "Nothing Lasts Forever" by Roderick Thorp, Die Hard scaled new heights in action filmmaking and transformed Bruce Willis into an action hero and cinema superstar. Hear from the filmmakers on how each Die Hard film had a unique way of placing John McClane in perilous situations while raising the stakes and tension
- John McClane: Modern Day Hero (16:26) - Wisecracking New York Detective. Husband. Father. Hero. Discover how the character of John McClane launched a new breed of action hero who is both strong and vulnerable, an everyman who uses his wits and not just his muscle, in order to survive
- Villains: Bad to the Bone (20:38) - One of the greatest aspects of the Die Hard saga has been the ability to showcase some of the most brilliant criminals to ever grace the silver screen. From the charismatic "Hans Gruber" to computer genius "Thomas Gabriel" and his beautiful but deadly associate "Mai Linh", uncover what makes these foes so formidable and interesting
- Sidekicks: Along for the Ride (19:06) - Learn what it takes to ride along side with John McClane. His partners in crime -- from Twinkie loving "Sgt. Al Powell" to Sam Jackson's eternally cranky "Zeus Carver" -- are far from being just comic relief. They're dynamic characters integral to story and the evolution of McClane's character. even if they do frustrate him from time to time
- Fight Sequences: Punishing Blows (7:27) - The Die Hard films have been consistently known for showcasing intense action sequences involving fist fights and rising body counts. We'll hear from the filmmakers, stunt coordinators and talent on what it takes to create these intense and punishing visceral fights between John McClane and his adversaries through the years
- Action: Explosive Effects (14:39) - Learn how a group of talented visual and special effects experts conceived and created some of the massive explosions and cutting edge effects in the Die Hard films, many before the widespread use of CGI (computer generated imagery)
- Legacy: The Right Hero for the Right Time (8:58) - Die Hard set the standard for modern action films. Since wowing audiences in 1988, endless film pitches have started with "Die Hard in a .". all stemming from this blockbuster action film. In this featurette, hear from many of the cast and crew of all four Die Hard films on the franchise's tremendous and enduring worldwide appeal.
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.