Game of Death (1978)
Thursday 22nd October 2015
The legendary martial arts film Game of Death was still unfinished at the time of its star and director Bruce Lee's death. Using a mixture of newly shot scenes and footage taken from earlier in Lee's career, the film was given new life and became another martial arts classic.
After rising to fame as a martial arts movie star, Billy Lo (Bruce Lee) refuses to be intimidated by a syndicate of racketeers - causing the syndicate's boss Dr Land (Dean Jagger) to order Billy's assassination.
When the attempt on his life leaves him in need of plastic surgery, Billy fakes his own death and hides away. But when the syndicate kidnaps his fiancée Ann (Colleen Camp) he's forced to come out of hiding and take revenge on them one-by-one...
Game of Death, released on dual-format DVD and Blu-ray on 26th October 2015 courtesy of Mediumrare Entertainment, is the most famous "unfinished" film in movie history. After Lee's untimely death, the film would be finished using a combination of body doubles, previously shot scenes and even footage from Lee's actual funeral - the finished result has become the stuff of movie legend.
The action sequences that Lee did shoot are amongst the most exciting of his career. His physical prowess and timing have never been better, especially in his electric showdown with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. It's also fascinating to see how director Robert Clouse completed the film and comparing to the urban legends of what Lee's original vision would have been.
Game of Death is an essential piece of martial arts movie history!
- Audio commentary with Hong Kong cinema expert Bey Logan
- Audio Commentary With Hong Kong Film Expert Mike Leeder
- Five deleted scenes, including alternate title sequence and extended ending
- Production photo gallery
- Rare archive photo gallery
- Original UK and Cantonese
- Theatrical Trailers
- Featurette: Dan Inosanto - Warrior And Teacher Dan Inosanto Jeet Kune Do and other Asian methods of fighting seminar (40mins)
- Featurette: Taky Kimura - Keeping The Flame Alive
- Featurette: George Lazenby - Reflections Of The Master
- "Game of Death" outtake footage
- Legacy of the Dragon documentary (46 mins)
- Game of Death re-visited (40 minutes of footage edited as a literal interpretation of Lee's original plan)
- 24 page collector's booklet
- Reversible sleeve with newly commissioned artwork
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.