Sunday 22nd June 2014
In the biggest original-comedy opening since Ted, a seasoned police detective takes his fast-talking brother-in-law-to-be on the ride of a lifetime in Ride Along, released on DVD and Blu-ray on 30th June 2014 courtesy of Universal Pictures UK.
An all-new comedy from director Tim Story (Think Like a Man, Fantastic Four, Barbershop), Ride Along stars actor and recording artist Ice Cube (Barber Shop, 21 Jump Street) and actor and comedian Kevin Hart (Think Like a Man, Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain). The film also features hysterical performances from Tika Sumpter (Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas, The Have and Have Nots), John Leguizamo (Kick-Ass 2, The Lincoln Lawyer), Bryan Callen (The Hangover, Warrior), Bruce McGill (Lincoln, Collateral), and Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, The Matrix).
Both the Blu-ray and DVD include feature commentary by the director, plus a behind-the-scenes documentary chronicling the making of the film and a gag reel. The Blu-ray also contains an alternate take, an alternate ending and behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with the stars and filmmakers.
For the past two years, high school security guard Ben (Kevin Hart) has been trying to show decorated detective James (Ice Cube) that he's more than just a video game junkie who's unworthy of James' sister. When Ben finally gets accepted into the police academy, James invites him on a ride-along designed to scare the hell out of him and ultimately demonstrate if Ben has what it takes to take care of his sister. But when the wild night leads them to the most notorious criminal in the city, James will find that his new partner's rapid-fire mouth is just as dangerous as the bullets speeding at it. Also starring John Leguizamo and Laurence Fishburne, Ride Along is an action-packed comedy with big thrills and even bigger laughs.
DVD and Blu-Ray Special Feature
- Gag Reel
- It Was A Good Day: On The Set Of Ride Along: A backstage visit puts audiences on the set of Ride Along as they share in the cast and crew's outrageously wild time. In-your-face, first-person footage featuring Kevin Hart, Ice Cube, John Leguizamo and the rest of the cast and crew continues the fast-paced laughs and action of the film
- Atlanta - The Character: Often called Hollywood South, the city of Atlanta plays a starring role in Ride Along as Kevin Hart, Ice Cube and crew take audiences on an exclusive tour of their 'hood
- Feature Commentary With Director Tim Story
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Take
- Kev & Cube's Wild Ride: Audiences will experience Kevin Hart and Ice Cube's electrifying chemistry in a short feature that shows first hand how these two megastars fed each other creatively, how Hart's energy fuelled the process, and what he learned about dedication and focus by working with Ice Cube
- An Explosive Ride: Ever wonder what it would be like to be beaten up by Laurence Fishburne? This trip behind the scenes will expose the hilarious exchanges between the stars and their stunt doubles
- You Gonna Learn Today: An inside look at the film's many hilarious off-script moments including b-roll, dailies and alternate takes that showcase the stars' incredible comic gifts
- Anatomy of the Big Blast: Watch as the cast and crew prep for the movie's most explosive sequence!