Xtro: Limited Edition (1982)
Tuesday 22nd May 2018
Part E.T., part Alien, British horror classic Xtro is one of the strangest, most shocking exploitation flicks to land on earth during the video nasty heyday. A film that narrowly avoided inclusion and prosecution on the original nasties list, threw in buckets of blood and gore and some of the most outlandish plot twists of the VHS era to create a truly memorable horror classic. Now it makes its arrival for the first time on Blu-ray courtesy of Second Sight Films as Xtro: Limited Edition Box Set.
Loved by horror fans, reviled by highbrow critics on its original release and one of the most notorious homegrown films of its time, Xtro lands on 18th June 2018 in a newly restored version complete with a raft of new extras, including an hour-long documentary charting the film's history and its impact, alongside its original alternate ending too.
Father Sam Phillips is playing with his family in the back garden of his idyllic English home when a bright light appears and seemingly abducts him. Three years later, the light returns and dumps a half human half alien creature. After slaughtering a couple who inadvertently stumble on it in a country road, the creature impregnates a woman who gives birth - in one of cinemas most outrageous scenes - to a fully formed Sam. He heads to London, seeking out his family and developing a strange bond with his son. And then things start to get really weird.
The film stars Philip Sayer (Shanghai Surprise), Bernice Stegers (Four Weddings And A Funeral), Danny Brainin (Yentl), Marayam D'Abo (The Living Daylights) and Eastenders favourite Anan Wing.
Xtro: Limited Edition Box Set features a preview of the new rebooted Xtro currently being worked on by original creators Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater and will feature the notorious alien induced birth sequence looking clearer, sharper and more shocking than ever.
Can you stomach Xtro?
- Limited Edition box set featuring both original UK theatrical and video artwork flipped on either side so you choose the front
- New Second Sight restoration with option of original and alternate endings plus the original UK video version
- New 2018 Director's Version
- Xploring Xtro - a new 57 minute documentary featuring interviews with Harry Bromley Davenport, Mark Forstater, Bernice Stegers, Susie Silvey, 'Tik' - Tim Dry, 'Tok' - Sean Crawford, Robert Pereno, Alan Jones and Craig Lapper
- The World of Xtro - a new featurette with Dennis Atherton, Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater
- Beyond Xtro - a new featurette with Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater looking ahead to new reboot Xtro - The Big One, including exclusive test footage 'Xtro Xposed'
- Loving The Alien: A Tribute to Philip Sayer featuring exclusive Brian May music tribute
- Soft cover book with new writing by Kevin Lyons plus publicity and production stills
- Original soundtrack CD
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.
This video is external content and DVD365.net cannot be held responsible for its content and/or links, suggested or otherwise inferred.