Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season
Monday 22nd April 2013
Walter White's transformation from high school chemistry teacher to full-blown, ruthless drug lord continues in Sony Pictures Television's critically acclaimed drama series on AMC, Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season, available on Blu-ray and DVD with Ultraviolet on 3rd June 2013 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.
The highly anticipated fifth season reunites Bryan Cranston, three-time Best Actor Emmy® winner and winner of this year's Best Male Screen Actors Guild® Award, with two-time Emmy Winner Aaron Paul (Best Supporting Role). The Fifth Season Blu-ray and DVD feature an eight-minute, uncensored bonus scene, "Chicks 'N' Guns", written and produced exclusively for the home entertainment release.
Starring Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk (TV's How I Met Your Mother) and Charles Baker (Splinter), the scene tells the pivotal back story to episode 508 in the fifth season, "Gliding Over All".
"The extra scene we created exclusively for the Blu-ray and DVD proves just how much the relationship between Jesse and Walt has drastically changed over the past five seasons of Breaking Bad", said Vince Gilligan, show creator. "Chicks 'N' Guns is an original idea that presents fans with a pivotal missing moment during episode 508, Gliding Over All. Writers Jenn Carroll and Gordon Smith and Director Michelle MacLaren, did a fantastic job bringing it to life and I think fans will love it".
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season comes as a two-disc Blu-ray and three-disc Dvd set, including cast and crew commentary on every episode, deleted scenes, audition and rehearsal footage and all-new featurettes.
Breaking Bad also stars Anna Gunn (TV's Deadwood), Dean Norris (TV's CSI : Crime Scene Investigation), Betsy Brandt (Magic Mike),RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks (Identity Thief). It was created by writer/director/producer Vince Gilligan (TV's The X-Files), who also served as executive producer with Academy Award® winner Mark Johnson (Rain Man, 1988's Best Picture) and Michelle MacLaren (TV's The X-Files). Co-executive producers of the series include Melissa Bernstein, Sam Catlin (TV's Canterbury's Law), George Mastras (TV's The Dresden Files), Peter Gould (TV's Too Big To Fail) and Thomas Schnauz (TV's The X-Files). Moira Walley-Beckett (TV's "Pan Am") served as supervising producer with Stewart A. Lyons as Line Producer/UPM. Cranston and Diane Mercer (TV's Arrested Development) are producers of the series.
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul return in their Emmy,- winning roles of Walter White and Jesse Pinkman in the fifth explosive season of Breaking Bad. With Gus Fring dead, Walt's transformation from a well-meaning family man to ruthless drug kingpin is nearly complete.
Forming a partnership with Jesse and Mike (Jonathan Banks), Walt proceeds to make a killing in the meth business until the fruits of his murderous schemes are threatened by a new development in the investigation led by his relentless brother-in-law Hank (Dean Norris).
Executive produced by Vince Gilligan and Mark Johnson, the fifth season charts the murderous rise of Walter White as he reaches new highs... and new lows.
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season episodes include: Live Free or Die, Madrigal, Hazard Pay, Fifty-One, Dead Freight, Buyout, Say My Name, Gliding Over All
Blu-ray & DVD Special Features
- "Chicks 'N' Guns" is a scene created and produced exclusively for the home entertainment release. Certain that the DEA dragnet that sent Mike fleeing is about to close around him, Jesse enlists Skinny Pete and a stripper to help him forget his woes...until Saul arrives and gives him something entirely new to fear
- Cast & crew commentaries on every episode
- Deleted scenes
- Three all-new featurettes: "Nothing Stops This Train" takes viewers on location to see what a huge undertaking it is to film a modern-day train heist; "The Cleaner: Jonathan Banks as Mike" gives viewers a chance to spend time with fan-favorite Cleaner, Jonathan Banks, as he talks about his time with the show; "Chicks 'N' Guns: Behind-the-Scenes" shows how the scene came to be, going behind the scenes with Aaron Paul and Bob Odenkirk as it's filmed
- "Writers' Room Timelapse" takes viewers through the entire breaking of episode "Fifty-One" with commentary from the writers
- Laura Fraser & Jesse Plemons audition footage
- Prison stunt rehearsal footage
- "Gallery 1988 Art Show" features artwork inspired by the show
- "Chris Hardwick's All-Star Celebrity Bowling" features team Breaking Bad going head to head with team Nerdist to raise money for charity
- Inside Breaking Bad: 19 episodes that give a behind-the-scenes look of what it takes to create an episode
- Two all-new featurettes: "Scene by Scene: Directors Discuss Memorable Moments" provides the directors' experience making the show; "The Writers of Breaking Bad" gives the writers a turn to show viewers what it's really like to work together and create amazing scripts
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.