Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs 2
Friday 20th December 2013
Flint Lockwood (Bill Hader) and the Swallow Falls gang are back to dish-up a hippotatomus-sized adventure in Sony Pictures Animation's Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs 2, available 17th February 2014 on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention -- a machine that turned water into food, causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. However, he soon learns that his invention survived and is now creating food-animals, or "foodimals!" Now, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheespiders and other foodimals to save the world - again!
Fans hungry for more can indulge in a host of bonus materials on the Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs 2 Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D, including four mini-movies directed by animation veteran David Feiss. The first all-new mini-movie, Attack of the 50-Foot Gummi Bear, finds Steve chasing a mischievous gummi that misused one of Flint's inventions to grow into a 50-foot beast. In the second never-before-seen mini-movie, Steve's First Bath, Flint must quickly alter his plans for a romantic date with Sam after his monkey-cleaning invention goes awry. The Blu-rays also include two additional, previously released mini-movies, Super Manny and Earl Scouts, plus deleted scenes. The Blu-rays and DVD are stuffed with filmmaker commentary, and seven behind-the-scenes featurettes, including candid interviews with the animators and voice talent, a look at the stunning end credits and all-new, making-of-the-music video from fan-favorite Cody Simpson.
Bill Hader (Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian) leads the returning all-star cast including Anna Faris (House Bunny, Scary Movie franchise), James Caan (Get Smart, TV's Las Vegas), Andy Samberg (TV's SNL), Benjamin Bratt (TV's Law & Order) and Neil Patrick Harris (TV's How I Met Your Mother). Newcomers include Kristen Schaal (TV's Flight of the Conchords), Will Forte (TV's SNL) and Terry Crews (TV's Brooklyn Nine-Nine).
The film is directed by Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn, and it was written by Phil Lord, Christopher Miller and Erica Rivinoja. The screenplay is by Erica Rivinoja, John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, inspired by the book Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs written by Judi Barrett and illustrated by Ron Barrett. The film is produced by Pam Marsden and Kirk Bodyfelt, and executive produced by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Music in the film is by Mark Mothersbaugh, with imagery and animation by Sony Pictures Imageworks, Inc.
Inventor Flint Lockwood thought he saved the world when he destroyed his most infamous invention -- a machine that turned water into food causing cheeseburger rain and spaghetti tornadoes. But Flint soon learns that his invention survived and is now combining food and animals to create - "foodimals!" Flint and his friends embark on an adventurously mouth-watering mission to battle hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, hippotatomuses, cheesepiders and other foodimals to save the world - again!
3D Blu-ray & Blu-ray Features
- Attack of the 50-Foot Gummi Bear - Flint's mischievous gummi bear grows to 50-feet by using his new food-modifying invention while Steve is in charge. Steve must frantically chase the gummi bear and transform him back to normal size before Flint returns to the lab
- Steve's First Bath - Flint's failed date with Sam is because of Steve's mischievous ways
- Super Manny - Manny, the Jack of all Trades, saves an adorable kitty with his many skills
- Earl Scouts - The Foodimals join Earl's scouting program but are very competitive
- Deleted Scenes
- Foodimal Funimal App - Unlock even more foodimal fun by syncing to your Blu-ray
3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD Special Features
- Filmmaker Commentary with directors Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn
- Cody Simpson La Da Dee Music Video & Making of the Video featurette
- Anatomy of a Foodimal - Flamangos, Cheesespiders, Hippotatomuses! Oh my! Sit down with filmmakers to discuss the inspiration behind these wacky food-animal hybrids that have taken over Swallow Falls, and chat with the gang to find out how they came up with the Food-imal's creative and amusing names
- Production Design: Back In The Kitchen - Where do you go after it rains cheeseburgers all over Swallow Falls? Back to the kitchen of course! Hear from filmmakers Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn on how they came up with stories and jokes for the film
- Awesome End Credits - Dive into the end credit sequence with the filmmakers and discover how they used a mix of 3D, 2D, stop motion and live action
- Cloudy Café: Who's On The Menu - Hear from newcomers Will Forte and Kristen Schaal about what drew them (pun intended) to this animated feature and how they "discovered" the voices of Chester V and Barb. Then, sit down with Terry Crews, as he steps into the pair of size 12 shoes left by Mr. T to portray Officer Earl Devereaux. Plus, hear from all your returning favourites including Anna Ferris and Bill Hader
- Building the Foodimals - Animators discuss creating and animating the foodimals
- The Mysterious Sasquash - Exploring all the places in the film that the sneaky Sasquash is hiding
- Delicious Production Design - Animators discuss the design of the film
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.