The Amazing Mr Blunden (1972)
Wednesday 20th November 2019
Lauded by Mark Kermode as one of his Top 20 Children's Films in The Observer, The Amazing Mr Blunden is set for a brand-new Limited Edition Blu-ray release courtesy of Second Sight in time for Christmas.
Adapted from Antonia Barber's novel The Ghosts by celebrated director Lionel Jeffries (The Railway Children) who also helms this mesmerising family classic, The Amazing Mr Blunden arrives in a stunning collector's edition, with a brand-new scan and restoration and rigid slipcase with new artwork by Rich Davies. It includes Barber's original out-of-print source novel exclusively reproduced for this release, a soft cover book with new essays by new essays by Kevin Lyons and Kim Newman, plus a reversible poster with new and original artwork.
The slew of special features includes audio commentaries and cast interviews, an exclusive new interview with famous fan Mark Gatiss and much more, please find full details below. It will be released on 9th December 2019.
The mysterious but kindly solicitor Mr Blunden visits Mrs Allen and her young children, offering her the position of caretaker at a derelict country mansion. More surprises are in store when the children encounter the ghosts of two former young residents and find themselves transported back in time to help their new friends right a 100-year-old wrong.
- Brand new scan and restoration
- A new audio commentary with actors Madeline Smith, Rosalyn Landor, Stuart Lock and Marc Granger
- A new interview with Madeline Smith
- A new interview with Rosalyn Landor
- Mark Gatiss on The Amazing Mr Blunden - a new interview
- 2014 archive BFI Q&A with Madeline Smith, Rosalyn Landor and Stuart Lock
- Reversible sleeve with new artwork by Rich Davies and original artwork
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.