Gravity: Two-Disc Special Edition (2014)
Saturday 19th September 2015
Oscar® nominated for Best Picture and capturing seven Academy Awards, George Clooney and Sandra Bullock star in Gravity, the sci-fi thriller directed by Alfonso Cuarón, released as a new 2-disc Special Edition Blu-ray on 12th October 2015 courtesy of Warner Home Video.
Gravity: Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray will contain the film on Blu-ray as well as three new bonus features along with three hours of previously released bonus features.
The three new bonus features include Gravity: Silent Space, a surprising cinematic experience with an introduction by Oscar®-winning director Alfonso Cuaron; documentary Looking to the Stars: The Evolution of Space; and Sandra's Birthday Wish, Bullock's on-set birthday wishes to Cuaron.
Gravity stars Academy Award® winner Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side, 2009), also nominated for her role in Gravity, and two-time Oscar® winner George Clooney (Argo, 2012; Syriana, 2005). The film is stunningly directed by Alfonso Cuarón, whose technical achievement brought him two Oscars® for both best directing and best editing. Cuarón also wrote the screenplay with his son Jonás Cuarón and co-produced the film with David Heyman (Harry Potter films). Chris deFaria, Nikki Penny and Stephen Jones served as executive producers.
Dr. Ryan Stone (Bullock) is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission, with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (Clooney) in command. But on a seemingly routine mission, disaster strikes. The shuttle is destroyed, leaving Stone and Kowalski completely alone-tethered to nothing but each other and spiraling out into the darkness. The deafening silence tells them they have lost any link to Earth... and any chance for rescue. As fear turns to panic, every gulp of air eats away at what little oxygen is left. Ultimately, the only way home may be to go further out into the terrifying expanse of space.
- Introduction to Gravity: Silent Space
- Gravity: Silent Space NEW! - Director Alfonso Cuarón invites you to experience the film without music for a unique, surprising and rewarding cinematic experiment
- Looking to the Stars: The Evolution of Space Films NEW! - For more than 100 years, filmmakers have been fascinated with the stars. This look back at the evolution of the depiction of space travel in film through the eyes of many of the artists responsible (including Alfonso Cuarón, Ron Howard, Joe Dante, Dennis Muren, John Dykstra and others) chronicles the memorable milestones and visual achievements that have defined a genre and entertained generations of audiences
- Sandra's Birthday Wish NEW! - Share in Sandra Bullock's spaced-out birthday wishes for director Alfonso Cuarón
- Gravity: The Human Experience (Previously Limited Availability) When Alfonso and Jonás Cuarón set out to tell a singular human story, the romance and mysticism of separating oneself from Earth was added into the mix and "Gravity" was conceived. Join as the filmmakers, along with former astronauts, author of "Packing for Mars" "Mary Roach and others weigh in on the physical and emotional aspects of space exploration
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.