The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
Saturday 19th August 2017
In 1974, Tobe Hooper quite literally changed the face of horror with his landmark film The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Although the hulking Leatherface and his trusty power tool left an indelible mark upon the cinematic landscape, it wouldn't be until 1986 that the buzz came back... in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2!
Relocating the cannibalistic Sawyer clan to a cavernous, labyrinthian dwelling beneath an amusement park, Hooper s deliciously demented sequel sees Leatherface and Co. continue their murderous exploits afresh. This time around, local DJ Stretch runs afoul of the Sawyers when she gets mixed up in the brutal slaying of two youngsters. Meanwhile, Lieutenant Lefty Enright, is hell-bent on avenging the murder of his nephew Franklin, who perished in the original massacre.
A cult classic in its own right, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 serves up a heady blend of gratuitous gore, socio-political critique and jet-black humour whilst Dennis Hopper's unhinged turn as Lefty needs to be seen to be believed! Whichever way you skin it, Leatherface's second cinematic outing is an uncompromisingly delirious vision from one of the masters of horror.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is released on Blu-ray from a digital transfer supervised by Director of Photography Richard Kooris on 21st August 2017 by Arrow Films.
- High Definiton Blu-ray (1080p) presentation from a digital transfer supervised by Director of Photography Richard Kooris
- Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director and co-writer Tobe Hooper, moderated by David Gregory
- Audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams and special-effects legend Tom Savini, moderated by Michael Felsher
- It Runs in the Family: a six-part documentary looking at the genesis, making-of and enduring appeal of Hooper s lm, with interviews including star Bill Johnson, co-writer L.M. Kit Carson, Richard Kooris, Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, Tom Savini, production designer Cary White and more!
- Alternate opening sequence with different musical score
- Deleted scenes
- Still Feelin the Buzz: interview with horror expert Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA
- Cutting Moments with Bob Elmore: interview with The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2's stuntman
- Gallery featuring behind-the-scenes images
- Original trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Justin Erickson
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.