Monday 18th February 2013
Made after the zombie classic Dawn of the Dead, George A. Romero's Knightriders, released on DVD and Blu-Ray by Arrow Films on 22nd April 2013, is both clearly the work of the same director (there are lots of familiar faces from his other films) and a marked change of tone. There's still plenty of action, but it takes the form of jousting by people wearing full medieval armour... while riding motorbikes.
Ed Harris, soon to become a major star, is the leader of a troupe of travelling entertainers trying to live their lives according to the ideals of King Arthur - no easy feat in Reagan's America, where the outside world and its financial realities constantly encroach on their dreams.
With a memorably eccentric cast of characters (including make-up effects genius Tom Savini in a major role and a cameo from novelist Stephen King) and a complex, nuanced script, Knightriders is Romero's warmest and most personal film to date.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with George Romero, Tom Savini, John Amplas and Christine Romero
- The Genesis of a Legend - Star Ed Harris remembers his first leading role
- A Date with Destiny - Co-star Tom Savini reflects on Knightriders
- Medieval Maiden - An interview with actress Patricia Tallman
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Brad Stevens, an archival interview with Romero and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.