Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season
Monday 18th February 2013
HBO Home Entertainment's phenomenon returns as Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season arrives on Blu-ray and DVD, just ahead of the Season 3 premiere on Sky Atlantic. Season 2 of Sky Atlantic's most watched show is available to pre-order now on Blu-ray and DVD ahead of its much anticipated release on 4th March 2013 and is already available to own and watch instantly on Blinkbox. War is coming as five Kings vie for the single, all-powerful Iron Throne in what will be the television DVD event of the year.
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season is packed with extra content for fans and new viewers alike to further explore the world of Westeros, including a behind-the-scenes featurette, a guide to Westeros, an insight into the religions of Westeros and character profiles.
Based on the second novel, "A Clash of Kings" in George R. R. Martin's phenomenally successful series, the second season sees winter fast-approaching with The Seven Kingdoms on the verge of a full scale battle to take control of the lron Throne.
The cruel young Joffrey Baratheon (Jack Gleeson; Batman Begins) still occupies the Iron Throne, counselled by his conniving mother Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey; 300) and uncle Tyrion, (Peter Dinklage; The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Elf) who has been appointed Hand of the King. But the Lannister hold on the Throne is under assault on many fronts...
Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane; Zero Dark Thirty, Spy Game) a proven commander and veteran of several wars has also laid claim to the throne. Meanwhile, far to the east, Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke; Spike Island) has hatched three dragons, the first to have been seen for centuries. For now they are weak and vulnerable but soon they will be monstrous weapons of unthinkable proportions, charges with protecting their queen. Daenerys and her followers must navigate their way across treacherous wasteland and find new allies to support her claim to the Iron Throne.
In the North, the Night's Watch has embarked on a journey beyond the wall in search of missing rangers and circling rumours of wild creatures high up in the mountains. Separated from his family, Jon Snow (Kit Harrington; Silent Hill: Revelation) must undertake a perilous rite of passage as he is askedto make difficult choices for the realm and for himself. Meanwhile, his half brother and King in The North, Robb Stark, (Richard Madden; Birdsong) is fighting to win independence for his people and those of the Riverlands.
The ambitious Theon Greyjoy (Alfie Allen; Atonement, Elizabeth) returns to the iron islands hoping to be received as the prodigal son, only to find nothing. His father thinks he has been turned by the Starks and he must now win back his favour by leading the Creyjoy's claim to The Iron Throne.
With tensions and treaties, animosity and alliances, Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season is a thrillingjourney
through a riveting. unforgettable fictional landscape and a must-own for all fantasy and HBO lovers. For new viewers, the Game of Thrones: The Complete First and Second Seasons is your chance to catch this epic saga from the very beginning, best viewed in Blu-Ray quality for a truly immersive viewing experience.
Created by BAFTA award nominee David Benioff (The Kite Runner), winner of 8 Emmy's, and 1 Golden Globe Award, prepare yourself to be immersed in pure escapism by owning Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season on Blu-ray, DVD or Digital Download from 4th March 2013. You can also own and watch instantly now on Blinkbox.
Audio Commentary Participants
- Episode 1 - "The North Remembers" with commentary by executive producers/writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
- Episode 2 "The Night Lands" with commentary by Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy) and Gemma Whelan (Yara Greyjoy)
- Episode 3 "What Is Dead May Never Die" with commentary by Writer Bryan Cogman and director Alik Sakharov. Plus commentary by Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark)
- Episode 4 "Garden of Bones" with commentary by Carice Van Houten (Melisandre) and Liam Cunningham (Davos Seaworth)
- Episode 6 "The Old Gods and the New" with commentary by Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte) and writer Vanessa Taylor
- Episode 7 "A Man Without Honor" with commentary by executive producers/writers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
- Episode 8 with commentary by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister) and Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark)
- Episode 9 with commentary by co-executive producer/author of A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin. Plus commentary by Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister) and director Neil Marshall
- Episode 10 with commentary by Rainer Gombos and Steve Kullback of the visual effects team. Plus commentary by Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and co-executive producer Alan Taylor
- Creating the Battle of Blackwater Bay - See how the epic Battle of Blackwater Bay was brought to life in this exclusive, in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the climatic episode. The 30 minute feature showcases never-before-seen interviews with cast and crew
- Game of Thrones: Inner Circle - Actors Emilia Clarke, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Michelle Fairley and Liam Cunningham talk in detail about their experiences shooting season two in this roundtable discussion moderated by executive producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
- The Religions of Westeros - Hear author George R.R. Martin, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss discuss the competing religions in the series and how they influence the various characters in Westeros and beyond
- Character Profiles - Profiles of seven major characters as described by the actors portraying them including Renly Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon, Robb Stark, Theon Greyjoy and more
- Audio Commentaries - 12 commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington and more.
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.