Star Trek Into Darkness
Friday 16th August 2013
Lauded by critics, director J.J. Abrams' phenomenal global sensation Star Trek Into Darkness makes its highly-anticipated début on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and DVD and On Demand on 2nd September 2013, courtesy of Paramount Home Entertainment.
"I'm excited for viewers at home to check out Star Trek Into Darkness on Blu-ray and DVD", said J.J. Abrams. "They did a great job and I'm thrilled with how everything looks and sounds. We also have some really fun behind-the-scenes special features that we shot on the Red and created entirely in-house at Bad Robot. They really look amazing and unlike anything I've seen on DVD or Blu-ray before". Abrams added "I hope fans enjoy seeing the process that went into making the movie and the truly amazing work of our most spectacular cast and crew".
The Star Trek Into Darkness Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray discs are bursting with behind-the-scenes material detailing how the filmmakers delivered a rousing epic filled with both spectacle and soul. For the first time, the special features included in the combo packs were produced entirely by Abrams' Bad Robot Productions and captured in spectacular high quality on Red Epic cameras for a uniquely intimate perspective of the filmmakers' process.
Written by Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman and Damon Lindelof, the film follows the crew of the Enterprise as a shocking act of terror on Earth sends them on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice. Star Trek Into Darkness features an outstanding ensemble cast including John Cho, Benedict Cumberbatch, Alice Eve, Bruce Greenwood, Simon Pegg, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Peter Weller and Anton Yelchin.
3D Blu-Ray / Blu-ray Special Features
- Creating the Red Planet - Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film
- Attack on Starfleet - Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters
- The Klingon Home World - Discover the stunning world of Kronos and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation
- The Enemy of My Enemy - Find out how and why, the identity of the film's true villain was kept a mystery to the very end
- Ship to Ship - An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects
- Brawl by the Bay - Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film's breathtaking climax
- Continuing the Mission - An inspiring look at the partnership between the film's crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.