The Best of Never Mind The Buzzcocks (1996)
Sunday 15th November 2009
Watch the clips that were too rude, too drunk, too nasty, too sweary and too awkward for TV on The Best of Never Mind The Buzzcocks DVD - a must for all fans. Never Mind The Buzzcocks, the legendary satirical music series known for its dry sarcastic humour and caustic wit, is available to own for the first time on DVD on 16th November 2009 courtesy of 4DVD. The hugely popular show first hit our TV screens in 1996 and became an instant hit with comedy fans. It's been running for 13 successful years and 22 series later it's still going strong. With the show's reputation for the unpredictable, celebrity guests are primed for the occasional embarrassment and harmless ribbing, as their knowledge of music is put to the test.
Featuring the best bits from the last 3 series hosted by award winning comedian Simon Amstell, fans can relive his most cutting remarks and riotous banter that make this DVD unmissable viewing.
Long-serving team captain Phill Jupitus joins Simon on the DVD as they look back at some of the most memorable and controversial moments - where no celebrities are off limits to their verbal sparring. Re-live the iconic moments when Preston stormed out, Amy Winehouse spat on the floor and a drunken Donny Tourette was ridiculed by Simon and Bill Bailey.
The Best of Never Mind the Buzzcocks also boasts exclusive, never-before-aired deleted material with some of the show's rudest comments and funniest scenes that didn't make TV, including highlights of the most-talked about and controversial comedian in 2008, Russell Brand.
Russell infamously appeared as guest captain in an episode that has never been broadcast due to his suspension from the BBC. Excitingly, fans can watch hilarious highlights of this episode which features Russell's lewd banter with celebrity guest Rachel Stevens and Russell threatening to walk off Preston style as Simon reads extracts from his Booky Wook.
Since the departure of team captain Bill Bailey, celebrities have been queuing up to have a go; guest captains have included Noel Fielding, Dermot O'Leary, James Corden, Mark Ronson, and Stephen Fry.
Featured on the DVD are the special compilation episodes from the last 3 series
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Technically The Best Series Ever - A thrilling look back at what were ultimately some excellent moments from the last series. Featuring a galaxy of incredibly good celebrity bookings and many, many extremely funny sentences
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks - A Moving Tribute - A touching retrospective on Never Mind The Buzzcocks
- Never Mind The Buzzcocks... Imagine a mildly amusing panel show - Alan Yentob in a highly thought, insightful and rare interview with Simon Amstell, about the pressures of hosting the popular music quiz. Yentob takes a look back at the most talked about moments from the series.
Bonus material includes a brand new 45 minute feature created especially for the DVD, including
- Even more previously unseen material
- Newly filmed material and commentary from Simon Amstell and Phill Jupitus
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.