Dangermouse: Mission Improbable (2015)
Wednesday 14th October 2015
He's the greatest, he's fantastic and he's back! Danger Mouse, the world's greatest secret agent has returned with a brand new series, his mission: to protect the world, multiple universes and Willesden Green from the villainous machinations of the evil Baron Greenback. Six of his epic new adventures plus the double-length launch episode will be available to own on DVD from 2nd November 2015, courtesy of FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment.
The new series is bursting at the seams with terrific tales of derring-do and random ridiculousness that DM is famous for but with a 21st Century twist that sees our hero venturing even further afield to save the world with a dazzling array of high tech gadgetry and transportation that only the greatest secret agent could ever dream of owning.
Of course, every top agent needs a tip top team to support him and DM's return sees him joined by some familiar faces as well as some new ones. DM is reunited with his right-hand hamster, Penfold and Colonel K is back to keep a watchful eye over every mission. A modern day secret agent needs state of the art gadgets and luckily for DM, the ingenious Professor Squawkencluck has joined the team and has a gadget for every occasion, although how long they'll stay in one piece in DM's hands is another question...
The opening episode of the new series sees DM's return and almost instant dismissal after he inadvertently destroys most of London. What's more, it would appear that Baron Greenback has turned over a new leaf and is supplying law enforcement robots to everyone for free. However DM isn't convinced by this change in character and pretty soon uncovers the Baron's real intentions for his robot army.
The new series is brought to life by a stellar line up of voice talent including Alexander Armstrong (Danger Mouse), Kevin Eldon (Penfold), Stephen Fry (Colonel K), Shauna MacDoanld (Professor Squawkencluck) and Come Dine With Me's Dave Lamb as The Narrator. There are plenty more familiar voices to be heard throughout the series including Ed Gaughan, Morwenna Banks, Kavan Novak and Richard Osman.
Behind the scenes of the new show is a crack team of writers including Ben Ward (Horrible Histories), Emmy-nominated writing team Mark Huckerby and Nick Ostler (Peter Rabbit and M.I.High) and former Simpsons writer Reid Harrison. The new series is animated by top Irish animation company, Boulder Media.
This new series stays true to the witty storytelling and high octane action of the original show but with a modern twist, making it must-see viewing for new and old fans alike.
- Danger Mouse Begins... Again (double length episode) - Duty has called, and the world's greatest secret agent is back, however Danger Mouse finds himself instantly fired for destroying half of London in the opening chase scene. Apparently the Baron has turned over a new leaf and become a good guy supplying law enforcement robots to everyone around the world FOR FREE! A freelance DM infiltrates the Baron's apparently 'clean' business but it's soon revealed the Baron has been up to no good after all as he unleashes his robots on the world for nefarious purposes
- Planet of the Toilets - When the toilets of the world rise up in revo-loo-tion DM and Penfold take to the sewers of Tokyo to battle the evil Dr Loocifer
- Danger at C-level - Danger Mouse is forced to choose between his dedication to duty and his friendship with Penfold as he battles the Baron in his evil underwater Toadlantis base
- Red Light Spells Danger - Welcome to Danger World! Danger Mouse must fight his own urge to be awesome to stop the world turning into a gigantic intergalactic tourist attraction
- Big Head Begins - Professor Squawkencluck has had enough of Danger Mouse so activates an artificially intelligent defence super computer called Big Head which instantly goes despotically insane!
- Greenfinger - Danger Mouse's attempts at gardening lead to a gigantic Welsh space plant taking over the world and an attack of intergalactic bees. Only Penfold's jam obsession can save the day!
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.