The Twilight Zone: Season 4 (1959)
Friday 12th August 2011
To the delight of fans throughout the UK, Season 4 of the original series of The Twilight Zone hits the shelves on 19th September 2011 from Fremantle Home Entertainment. This timeless classic is available for the first time ever in high-definition Blu-ray, as well as digitally remastered DVD formats.
Season 4 of this iconic series moved from half-hour episodes to eighteen hour-length TV episodes and included appearances by Dennis Hopper (He's Alive) and Robert Duvall (Miniature). Created by the legendary Rod Serling, the multi-Emmy award-winning The Twilight Zone is a true landmark show in television history. It made an indelible mark on popular culture and remains, to this day, one of the most innovative and influential series of all time.
Over the years, The Twilight Zone has been acknowledged as an influence by countless writers and filmmakers, including Steven Spielberg ("I was a complete obsessive-compulsive Twilight Zone follower".), J.J. Abrams ("The Twilight Zone at its best is better than anything else I've ever seen on television".), Joe Dante, John Landis, Wes Craven, George Miller, Clive Barker, Steven King and Michael J. Straczynski.
The series also helped launch the careers of many soon-to-be famous stars, including Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Duvall, Peter Falk, Dennis Hopper, Ron Howard, Lee Marvin, Vera Miles, Elizabeth Montgomery, Agnes Moorehead, Leonard Nimoy, Donald Pleasence, Robert Redford, William Shatner and Natalie Trundy, as well as providing a platform for established acting greats such as Buster Keaton, Burgess Meredith and Mickey Rooney.
An essential viewing experience for fans of sci-fi, fantasy and groundbreaking TV drama, these newly remastered editions of The Twilight Zone present Rod Serling's television masterpiece as never seen before. Presented for the first time in the UK, the Blu-ray edition is in pristine high-definition, digitally remastered from new 1080p film transfers using the original camera negatives and magnetic soundtracks.
- In His Image
- The Thirty-Fathom Grave
- Valley of the Shadow
- He's Alive
- Death Ship
- Printer's Devil
- No Time Like The Past
- The Parallel
- I dream of Genie
- The New Exhibit
- Of Late I Think of Cliffordville
- The Incredible World of Horace Ford
- On Thursday We Leave For Home
- Passage On the Lady Anne
- The Bard
Special Features (DVD and Blu-ray)
- Rod Serling promo for Next Week's Show
- The famous Writers' School Promo Spot with Rod Serling
- Photo Galleries and DVD-ROM: Twilight Zone Comic Book (Adobe ® Acrobat reader required)
- 13 new audio commentaries, featuring The Twilight Zone Companion author Marc Scott Zicree, author/film historian Gary Gerani (Fantastic Television), Twilight Zone writer Earl Hamner, writer William F. Nolan (Logan's Run), author Bill Warren (Keep Watching the Skies! American Science Fiction Movies of the Fifties), writer/producer Jeff Vlaming (NCIS; Fringe; Battlestar Galactica), writer/producer Joseph Dougherty (thirtysomething; Judging Amy; Saving Grace), authors/historians Scott Skelton and Jim Benson (Night Gallery: An After Hours Tour) and writer/producer Jaime Paglia (Eureka)
- Vintage audio interview with director of photography George T. Clemens
- Audio commentaries by Marc Scott Zicree for Death Ship and William Windom for Miniature
- Vintage audio recollections with Herbert Hirschman, Ross Martin, Burgess Meredith, Pat Hingle, Earl Hamner, Buzz Kulik and Anne Francis
- Video interviews with Morgan Brittany, Anne Francis, Paul Comi and John Furia, Jr.
- 7 radio dramas featuring Blair Underwood, Jason Alexander, Lou Diamond Phillips, H. M. Wynant, Mike Starr, Barry Bostwick and John Ratzenberger
- Isolated scores for all 18 episodes featuring Fred Steiner, Van Cleave, Rene Garriguenc and others
- Rod Serling promos for "Next Week's" Show
- Rod Serling Blooper from He's Alive
- Saturday Night Live Clip
- The Famous Writers School Promo with Rod Serling
- Genesee Beer Spot
- Twilight Zone Season 4 Billboards
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.