Marriage Story (2019)
Thursday 11th June 2020
A love story about divorce. A marriage coming apart and a family coming together. Marriage Story is a hilarious and harrowing, sharply observed, and deeply compassionate film from the acclaimed writer-director Noah Baumbach (The Squid and the Whale).
Adam Driver (BlacKkKlansman) and Scarlett Johansson (Under the Skin) deliver tour-de-force performances as Charlie, a charismatic New York theatre director wedded to his work, and Nicole, an actor who is ready to change her own life. Their hopes for an amicable divorce fade as they are drawn into a system that pits them against each other and forces them to redefine their relationship and their family.
Featuring bravura, finely drawn supporting turns from Alan Alda (M*A*S*H), Ray Liotta (Goodfellas), and Laura Dern (Certain Women) - who won an Academy Award for her performance here - as the trio of lawyers who preside over the legal battle, Marriage Story (nominated for six Academy Awards, including best picture) is a work of both intimacy and scope that ultimately invokes hope amid the ruins.
Marriage Story is released on 24th August 2020 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment as part of the Criterion Collection.
- New 4K digital transfer, supervised by director Noah Baumbach, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New interview with Baumbach
- The Players, a new programme featuring interviews with actors Scarlett Johansson, Adam Driver, Laura Dern, Alan Alda, Julie Hagerty, and Ray Liotta
- The Filmmakers, a new programme about the production of the film, featuring interviews with Baumbach, editor Jennifer Lame, production designer Jade Healy, costume designer Mark Bridges, and producer David Heyman
- The Making of Marriage Story, a new programme featuring behind-the-scenes footage
- New interviews with composer Randy Newman and Baumbach about the film's score
- New programme featuring Baumbach walking the viewer through a key location from the film
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Notes on the film by novelist Linn Ullmann
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.