Monday 11th June 2007
The 9th July 2007 sees 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment release Outlaw, a provocative, contemporary thriller, which explores the roots of people's shattered lives and reveals what happens when victims of violent crime seek justice and take the law into their own hands.
Gene Dekker (Danny Dyer - The Football Factory, The Business) is living in fear of a workplace bully and threatening youths, Cedric Munroe (Lennie James - Snatch, Spooks) is a barrister whose wife and unborn child are killed by the henchmen of a crime lord he is prosecuting, Sandy (Rupert Friend - Pride & Prejudice) was disfigured in an unprovoked attack, and Simon Hillier (Sean Harris - Creep, 24 Hour Party People) is a hotel security guard who witnesses the darker side of life through his CCTV network.
When Danny Bryant (Sean Bean - The Lord of the Rings, Troy), a war-veteran, returns from Iraq he finds the country he has so proudly served in a state of disarray. Violent crime is rife and the government is failing to control it. Hillier introduces him to Gene, Cedric, and Sandy and with the help of Walter Lewis (Bob Hoskins Enemy at the Gates, Hook, Mrs Henderson Presents), a disheartened cop, they form a modern-day outlaw posse. Walter reveals the identity of the crime lord responsible for murdering Cedric's wife and unborn child and the gang begin working their way through the criminal underworld in search of revenge.
Outlaw raises real life social and political issues about the rise in violent crime and the frustration that many people feel when they lack control over their lives.
- Commentary by Nick Love and Danny Dyer
- The Making of Outlaw (30 mins)
- The Rave and the Riot featurette - featurette on the shooting of two scenes (which were ultimately left out of the film). Contains the extended scenes with a video introduction from Nick Love (12 mins)
- Deleted Scenes - there are 9 in total (9 mins)
- Outlaw Video Diaries - production video diaries by Nick Love, Danny Dyer, the costume designer, and the gun technician (15mins)
- Big Hitters - featurette on the 100+ people that invested in the film and got the chance to be extras in a couple of scenes
- Original theatrical trailer (2mins)
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.