Troy: Director's Cut
Friday 10th August 2007
1st October 2007 sees Warner Home Video debut Wolfgang Petersen's all-new, unrated version of his epic film Troy. With 30 minutes of new footage, Troy: Director's Cut, including special features from its first DVD release, will be available in collectible O-sleeve packaging.
"The raw power of Homer, the sex, the brutality and the uncompromising battles really come to life in this version" says Petersen. "We went back to the way I first envisioned the film, when the full energy and impact of each scene had time to play out. Now, with great new visuals and sound design, audiences are going to have a deeper emotional experience of this literary classic. Thanks to Warner Home Video for giving me the opportunity to restore the creative integrity of my original vision."
Oscar® nominee Brad Pitt brings a dynamic, brooding presence to the role of Greek warrior Achilles in this spectacular retelling of The Iliad.
Orlando Bloom and Diane Kruger play the legendary lovers who plunge the world into war, Eric Bana portrays the prince who dares to confront Achilles and Peter O'Toole rules Troy as King Priam. Director Wolfgang Petersen recreates a long-ago world of warship flotillas, clashing armies, a massive fortress city and the towering Trojan Horse. Also starring are Brian Cox, Sean Bean and Brendan Gleeson.
- Troy Revisited: An Introduction by Wolfgang Petersen
- Troy in Focus: Eleven part featurette focusing on adapting Homer, On set with Brad Pitt, casting Helen of Troy and more
- In The Thick of the Battle: Discovering how Troy's epic battle sequences were created, from thousands of warrior-extras training in the scorching heat of Mexico, to fierce one-on-one duels to the death
- From Ruins to Reality: Exploring how the ruins of ancient Troy were unearthed and how Troy's production design magicians created their own version of this breathtaking, legendary city
- Troy: An Effects Odyssey: Secrets of Troy's stunning visual effects are revealed, from conjuring a staggering 1,000 ship armada on the open seas, to producing the bone crunching sound effects of brutal ancient warfare
- Attacking Troy: 3 part featurette Homer: A Story for the Ages, Designing a Fighting Style; Flipping the Chariot; Greek Ship Towing
- Theatrical Trailer
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.