The Wild Geese (1978)
Tuesday 10th July 2012
Legendary hell-raisers Richard Burton and Richard Harris, along with a coolly detached Roger Moore are aging mercenaries with a taste for fine liquor, drawn together for a late but extremely lucrative pay day in The Wild Geese, released on Blu-Ray from Arrow Films on 30th July 2012, in an African adventure soaked in booze, gunfire and bloodshed.
Colonel Allen Faulkner (Burton) is secretly back in London to accept the task of reinstating an African leader deposed in a violent military coup, but without the combat skills of his two old friends, there isn't going to be a mission. With his two reliable loose cannons in place, Faulkner and the team enact a text book rescue operation but disaster is close at hand when the cynical multinational who set up the whole deal turns the tables, striking a new deal with the local despot which sees The Wild Geese trying to escape with their lives intact.
The Wild Geese are ready for one last mission so finish your drinks and relive this classic old school British action adventure today.
- High Definition Presentation of the main feature
- Audio commentary with Roger Moore, producer Euan Lloyd and second unit director John Glen
- World Premiere Newsreel Footage
- Original Trailer
- Bonus Feature Film: Code Name: Wild Geese, starring Lewis Collins, Lee Van Cleef, Ernest Borgnine and Klaus Kinski, directed by Antonio Margheriti aka Anthony M. Dawson
- Reversible sleeve with original poster and newly commissioned artwork cover
- Collector's booklet featuring brand new writing on the both films by Ali Catterall, co-author of your Face Here: British Cult Movies Since the Sixties and writer James Blackford as well as a biography of producer Euan Lloyd, illustrated with original artwork
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.