Don't Look Now (1973)
Friday 10th June 2011
Digitally restored and released on blu-ray for the first time 27th June 2011 from Optimum Home Entertainment, directed by Nic Roeg Don't Look Now stars Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie in Nic Roeg's brilliantly atmospheric adaptation of the novel by Daphne du Maurier.
Following the death of their daughter, John and Laura Baxter travel to Venice where he is to oversee the restoration of an old church. Here they encounter a pair of elderly sisters: one of them a blind psychic who claims to have been in communication with the couple's dead child. Whilst Laura is intrigued John resists the idea, despite the possibility that he is having his own visions that threaten to put his life in danger... Genuinely unsettling, Don't Look Now is widely acknowledged as perhaps Roeg's finest film and one of the best British films of all time.
- Nic Roeg commentary
- Looking Back (The Making of) Documentary
- Interview with composer Pino Donaggio
- Intro by Alan Jones
- Compressed version of Don't Look Now made by Danny Boyle for BAFTA tribute
- Interview with Danny Boyle
- Interview with Allan Scott
- Interview with Tony Richmond
- Interview with Donald Sutherland
- Excerpt from documentary Nothing As It Seems
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.