Cemetery Without Crosses (2014)
Tuesday 9th June 2015
Inspired by the international success of the Dollars trilogy and dedicated to director Sergio Leone, Cemetery Without Crosses, released by Arrow Films on 20th July 2015 on dual-format DVD and Blu-Ray, offers a Gallic spin on the Spaghetti Western formula thanks to its star and creator, Robert Hossein (best-known to English-speaking audiences for his role in Jules Dassin's Rififi).
After her husband is lynched by bandits, Michèle Mercier (Mario Bava's Black Sabbath) seeks revenge and turns to an old friend, played by Hossein, for help. A solitary figure who lives in a ghost town and dons a single black glove before each gunfight, Hossein is initially reluctant but soon infiltrates the widow s enemies to force a showdown.
Cemetery Without Crosses is a darker breed of Western, bleak and melancholy in tone amid the explosive set pieces. It also boasts an outstanding score by composer André Hossein (father of Robert) and the catchiest of themes, sung by cult figure Scott Walker.
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from original film elements
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Original Italian and English soundtracks in uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
- Remembering Sergio - an all-new interview with star and director Robert Hossein, filmed exclusively for this release
- French television news report on the film's making, containing interviews with Hossein and actors Michèle Mercier and Serge Marquand
- Archive interview with Hossein
- Original theatrical trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sean Phillips
- Illustrated collector's booklet containing new writing by Ginette Vincendeau and Rob Young
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.