Tuesday 9th February 2016
Second Sight is delighted to announce the re-release of seminal horror Re-Animator on 2-disc Blu-ray on 14th March 2016, in classic packaging and packed full of outstanding special features.
One of the most celebrated, outrageous, and original 80s horror films Re-Animator is brought back to life on Blu-ray in all its gory glory. This horror classic will be released as a two-disc set in standard double-disc case, complete with a double-sided sleeve featuring the original poster and artwork by Graham Humphreys, two versions of the gorefest that is Re-Animator and tons of special features including deleted scenes, commentaries, a documentary, interviews and more.
Brilliant, if somewhat deranged, medical student Herbert West arrives at Miskatonic Medical School and immediately sneers at his professor's outdated views on death. West has his own outlandish theories and has concocted a serum that will bring the dead back to life. Roping in fellow student Dan Cain their shocking experiments work all too well with horrific and very messy results.
- The Unrated Version - brand new 4K restoration
- The Integral Version (exclusive to Blu-ray)
- Audio commentary with director Stuart Gordon
- Audio commentary with producer Brian Yuzna and actor Jeffrey Combs, Robert Sampson, Barbara Crampton and Bruce Abbott
- Re-Animator Resurrectus documentary
- Interviews with Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, writer Dennis Paoli, composer Richard Band and Fangoria editor Tony Timpone
- Extended scenes
- Deleted scenes
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.