John Wick (2014)
Friday 7th August 2015
Keanu Reeves (The Matrix, Speed) lives up to his reputation as the ultimate action star, as he kicks ass on an epic scale when John Wick arrives on Digital HD on 7th September 2015 and Blu-ray and DVD 21st September 2015 from Warner Home Video.
As he sets pulses racing as a stylish killing machine bent on revenge, Reeves is joined by a cast including Ian McShane (Hercules, Love Joy), John Leguizamo (Moulin Rouge) and Willem Dafoe (Spider-Man, Plantoon), and a whole host of explosive special features on this action-packed Blu-ray and mind blowing Dolby Atmos sound.
Co-directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch delve into their abundant backgrounds and extensive knowledge of martial arts, gun-fu, stunts and choreography to create this high octane masterpiece.
After the sudden death of his beloved wife, John Wick (Reeves) receives one last gift from her, a beagle puppy named Daisy, and a note imploring him not to forget how to love.
But John's mourning is interrupted when his 1969 Boss Mustang catches the eye of sadistic thug Iosef Tarasov (Alfie Allen). When John refuses to sell the car, Iosef and his henchmen break into his house and steal it, beating John unconscious and leaving Daisy dead. Unwittingly, they have just reawakened one of the most brutal assassins the underworld has ever seen.
John's search for his stolen vehicle takes him to a side of New York City that tourists never see, a hyper-real, super-secret criminal community, where John Wick was once the baddest guy of all. After learning that his attacker is the only son of a former associate, vicious Russian crime boss Viggo Tarasov (Michael Nyqvist), John turns his attention to vengeance. As word spreads that the legendary hit man is after his son, Viggo offers a generous bounty to anyone who can bring John down.
With a veritable army on his trail, John once again becomes the remorseless killing machine the underworld once feared, launching a pitched battle against Viggo and his soldiers that could mean the end of them both.
John Wick on Blu-ray contains bonus content including an extensive look at the choreography of stunts, the cinematography, and the working relationship between Co-directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, all in incredible Dolby Atmos sound.
- Audio Commentary - Co-directors Chad Stahelski, David Leitch, former Hollywood stuntmen, first time directors, provide the commentary here
- Don't F*#% With John Wick (15:10) - A featurette which features some fight training and choreography
- Destiny of a Collective (6:16) - A short look at the working relationship between Sahelski and Leitch
- The Assassin's Code (5:39) - A brief look at the world-building that goes on in the movie
- The Red Circle (6:47) - A featurette devoted to looking closer at what it took to do the famed nightclub scene
- N.Y.C. Noir (5:55) - A featurette about how the movie was shot and how it added to the atmosphere by way of stylistic choices
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.