Tuesday 7th August 2007
Deliverance remains one of the screen's most powerful man vs. nature adventures and was a motion picture shocker of the '70s. This unforgettable film will be released 17th September 2007 as a 35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition DVD from Warner Home Video.
The story of four Atlanta "weekend warriors" who set off in canoes down a dangerous Georgia river and discover a wilderness of terror has been remastered and amplified with remarkable new extras including retrospective featurettes and director commentary.
Burt Reynolds, Jon Voight, Ned Beatty and Ronny Cox star as the four friends whose canoeing weekend turns into a horrifying test of survival. Directed by John Boorman (Excalibur, Point Blank) in 1972 and adapted by James Dickey from his novel, Deliverance was nominated for three Academy Awards® including Best Picture and Best Director.
Boorman's taut direction builds the tension and fear to a raging climax, as the men travel way beyond their comfort zone and are forced to face more than they could have ever imagined. Vilmos Zsigmond's expert cinematography captures the wilderness of forest and river, while Eric Weissberg's classic musical theme, "Dueling Banjos", provides a perfect counterpoint to the action.
- Commentary by John Boorman: Director Boorman takes a journey down the river and discusses the adventures, the team, the controversy and what it took to make Deliverance a classic film
- Deliverance: The Beginning: Take a historical look at the novel and its adaptation to the screen
- Deliverance: The Journey: From the early stages of filming to the creation of classic moments, such as the Dueling Banjos scene
- Deliverance: Betraying the River: The making of one of the most controversial and ground-breaking sequences in film history
- Deliverance: Delivered: A reflective look back on the completion of the film, its impact and how the idea for the shocking ending came to be
- The Dangerous World of Deliverance: The original behind-the-scenes documentary on the difficult conditions and challenges of making this film
- Theatrical Trailer
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.