Wednesday 7th April 2010
In Washington, D.C., in the year 2054, murder has been eliminated. The future is seen and the guilty punished before the crime has ever been committed. The distinctive near future world - the world of sci-fi thriller Minority Report - arrives in the UK on Blu-ray Disc (BD) on 17th May 2010 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment. This new high-definition version of the film was personally supervised and approved by acclaimed director Steven Spielberg.
Action-packed Minority Report is based on the short story 'The Minority Report' by legendary author Philip K. Dick. Led by Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible, War of the Worlds) as a detective who must race to uncover the truth before he becomes a victim to the system he helped create.
The cast features a diverse and accomplished ensemble of actors, including Colin Farrell (Crazy Heart, In Bruges); Samantha Morton (Elizabeth: The Golden Age, The Messenger); and Max von Sydow (Shutter Island). From a nexus deep within the Justice Department's elite Pre-Crime unit, all the evidence to convict - from imagery alluding to the time, place and other details - is seen by 'Pre-Cogs', three psychic beings whose visions of murder have never been wrong.
This all-new Minority Report Blu-ray edition is complete with exciting extras that take you right into the action! With Steven Spielberg as the guide and host, interact with The Future According to Steven Spielberg: An Interactive Guide to Minority Report. This special feature takes the BD viewer on a completely interconnected tour of the making of the film.
From storyboards and production art to animation tests, and behind-the-scenes footage - all access available at the touch of a menu selection. Additional Blu-ray special features offer an insider's look into Minority Report with featurettes exploring the world of pre-crime; props of the future; commercials of the future; and how the film's 'future' has been realized nearly 10 years after production. Further features include highlights from the set that explore a selection of the key sequences and pre-visualization techniques. A 'Limited Edition' Blu-ray in Steel Book packaging will also be available in selected outlets containing 5 exclusive art cards.
Tom Cruise, Colin Farrell and Max von Sydow star in this explosive, action-packed sci-fi thriller from acclaimed director Steven Spielberg! Experience the excitement of Minority Report like never before with this all-new Blu-ray edition packed with hours of special features and presented with a stunning high-definition picture and sound. When pre-crime detective John Anderton (Cruise) is identified as a future murderer, he must race against his own specialized police department and time itself to prove his innocence of a crime he has yet to commit!
- The Future According to Steven Spielberg: An Interactive Guide to Minority Report
- Inside the World of Precrime
- Minority Report: Future Realized
- Minority Report: Props of the Future
- Minority Report: Commercials of the Future
- Highlights from Minority Report: From the Set - The Hoverpack Sequence;The Car Factory Sequence
- Previz - Hoverpack Sequence;Maglev Escape
- Philip K. Dick, Steven Spielberg and Minority Report
- From Story to Screen - The Story, The Debate; The Players
- The World of Minority Report; Introduction; Pre-crime and Pre-cogs; Spyder Sequence; Pre-cog Visions; Vehicles of the Future
- The Stunts of Minority Report - Maglev Escape; Hoverpack Chase; Car Factory
- ILM and Minority Report - An Introduction; Holograms; Hall of Containment; Maglev Hovercraft and Hoverpacks;Cyperparlor
- Final Report: Steve Spielberg and Tom Cruise
- Production Concepts Gallery
- Three Storyboard Sequences
- Theatrical Trailers
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.