Pearl Jam : Immagine in Cornice
Wednesday 5th September 2007
Pearl Jam announces the release of Immagine in Cornice "Picture in a Frame" (Monkeywrench Records), a live concert film chronicling the band's performances with behind-the-scenes footage from the five Italian concerts that took place as part of the band's 2006 European tour. Featured cities and venues include: Pala Malaguti in Bologna, the Arena di Verona, the Forum in Milan, Palaisozaki in Torino and Duomo Square in Pistoia, Italy.
A limited edition commemorative t-shirt will be available for a special price when purchased with Immagine in Cornice at www.pearljam.com during a special pre-sale beginning August 22nd. Immagine in Cornice will be released at retail stores on 25th September 2007.
Immagine in Cornice was directed by renowned photographer, filmmaker and long-time friend of the band Danny Clinch (Bruce Springsteen Devils and Dust, Live from Bonnaroo 2004) and was shot in Super-8, High Definition and a number of formats in between.
"'Picture in a Frame' is a film I've really wanted to make", says director Danny Clinch. "The band invited me to Italy and gave me the access I needed to show a side seldom seen by their fans. It has become a collaboration, as well - the band even offered me some music that has never been heard and Mike (McCready) went into the studio to create some more music for the soundscapes. This is a look at Pearl Jam that no one has seen yet. A trip through northern Italy with the band, thru the document and thru abstraction."
Immagine in Cornice captures prime stage versions of songs spanning Pearl Jam's career -- ranging from Even Flow to Corduroy to World Wide Suicide, and gives fans a behind-the-scenes perspective of the band's travels through Italy -- from their first stop in Bologna to their final show in Pistoia. Personal interviews, candid performances, and glimpses backstage and off stage provide a rare look into the band's life on the road.
- Severed Hand (Milan)
- World Wide Suicide (Featured clips from all Italian show dates)
- Life Wasted (Torino)
- Corduroy (Verona)
- State of Love and Trust (Milan)
- Porch (Verona)
- Even Flow (Torino)
- Better Man (Verona)
- Alive (Milan)
- Blood (Verona)
- Comatose (Pistoia)
- Come Back (Pistoia)
- Rockin' in the Free World (Pistoia)
- A Quick One While He's Away - Eddie Vedder with My Morning Jacket (Torino)
- Throw Your Arms Around Me (Pistoia)
- Yellow Ledbetter (Milan)
- Eddie Vedder backstage in Torino working on Italian translations to greet the crowd
- Jeff Ament going for a pre-show skate at a local park outside Bologna
- Mike McCready and Eddie Vedder rehearsing an acoustic version of Lukin on the uppermost steps of the ancient Arena di Verona
- Mike McCready walking through the streets of Bologna, chatting with fans, and conversing with a local elder
- Keyboardist Boom Gaspar and Eddie Vedder visiting an ancient cathedral in Pistoia and talking with a local about the musical culture of Italy and the fame of Pistoia's organs
- Boom plays a chilling original song on the cathedral's organ entitled, Heaven Can You Hear Me Now?
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.