Saturday 3rd March 2007
From DreamWorks Animation and Aardman Features comes the outrageously inventive comedy Flushed Away, debuting on DVD from 2nd April 2007.
One of the year's highly celebrated films, this delightfully clever, high-spirited tale of a pampered pet mouse, who inadvertently winds up being flushed away into the bustling world down below, features the phenomenal voice talents of Hugh Jackman (X-Men films), Kate Winslet (The Holiday, Titanic), Ian McKellen (The Lord Of The Rings trilogy) and Jean Reno (The Da Vinci Code), along with a chorus of hilarious, scene-stealing singing slugs.
The DVD invites fans of all ages to dive into a tidal wave of Flushed Away fun, offering a veritable flood of bonus material including a dedicated array of 'slug' features which includes two hilarious all-new animated musical performances by the sensational slugs.
The DVD also includes a behind-the-scenes look at how the film's uplifting score and eclectic song selection - including the slugs' hilarious high-pitched screams - helped bring the story to life. Other features include a directors' commentary, links to many interactive games, plus an extensive array of downloadables, creative activities, and much more.
Set on and beneath the streets of London, Flushed Away is the story of Roddy, an upper-crust mouse who is rather rudely evicted from his Kensington flat when he is flushed into the bustling world found under London's streets. There, he meets Rita, an enterprising scavenger who works the sewers in her faithful boat, the Jammy Dodger.
Together they must navigate their way through a busy city filled with dangers for any mouse including terrifying rapids, treacherous whirlpools and, most of all, the villainous Toad and his hench-rats Spike and Whitey.
Though completely out of his element at first, the privileged Roddy finds himself an unlikely hero when he learns that this underground metropolis is in danger from the world above.
Overflowing with fun, the Flushed Away DVD offers hours of entertainment for the entire family. The following details the DVD features:
- Slug Musical - Fresh from their scene-stealing film debut, the slippery singers star in three all-new animated music videos. The Slugs perform 'Pump It', 'I Don't Feel Like Dancing' as well as the hilarious 'Gonna Make you Sweat'
- The Music Of Flushed Away - When it comes to setting the mood of a film, there's no substitute for a well-conceived score and some well chosen songs. This featurette showcases the scoring process and how the movie's music provides an indispensable aural backdrop for Flushed Away from the fast-paced chase sequences to the tender moments in Roddy and Rita's budding relationship to the slugs' frequent comedic appearances
- Dreamworks Animation Video Jukebox - Viewers can access their favourite musical scenes from previous DreamWorks Animation hits including Shrek, Shrek 2, Shark Tale, Madagascar and Over The Hedge
- Filmmaker Commentary - Directors David Bowers and Sam Fell bring home audiences into the world of Flushed Away revealing how they melded Aardman's trademark stop-motion style with DreamWorks' state-of-the-art computer animation to create the movie's characters, sets and backgrounds. The laugh-filled commentary reveals some of the tongue-in-cheek spoofs audiences may have missed on the first viewing
- Meet The Cast - This featurette showcases the talented actors behind each of the memorable personalities gracing the screen in Flushed Away
- Dreamworks Kids - A variety of fun-filled, engaging interactive games and creative activities just for kids including: Build-A-Slug Get out the plasticine and sit down with one of the film's animators to learn first hand how to make a slug; Learn To Draw Roddy Before the animators can bring Roddy to life in 3D, he has to be drawn in 2D. Follow this step-by-step onscreen demonstration of how to draw our leading man
- Flushed Away Tunes - Slug Songs The hilarious music videos can also be accessed in the DWK section; Flushed Away Jukebox Scene Index Hop to your favourite songs with this music-based feature, which takes kids directly to the scene in the movie that plays their favourite song
- A Maze of Pipes - Do you have what it takes to get the Jammy Dodger through the maze? Take the challenge in this twisting tunnel of pipes chock full of rough waters, locked gates, engine troubles and more
- The Flushed Away Underground Adventure - Join Roddy, Rita, Sid, The Toad and the rest of the Flushed Away gang for a boatload of fun with links to 21 interactive games including Sewer Pinball, Rita's Recollection, Soccer Showdown and many more!
- Downloadables and Creative Projects - Download and print fun crafty activities including mobiles, colouring pages, puzzles, stencils, stickers and more!
- Super Slug Stuff - A whole host of fun with the all-squealing, all-singing, show-stealing slugs including: Slug Cam Consider a day in the life of a slug. This peek at the slug world will give you an idea of just how challenging a slug's life can be; Slug Singers Game This set top game dares you to choose the correct melody for your slugs to sing. You've got to hit the right notes before they can!; Saving the Slugs Game Le Frog has decided to make a slug meal - can you stop him? Use the Jammy Dodger's handy arm to nab the slugs from Le Frog's evil path; Virtual Slug Raise your very own Slug on your computer desktop. Keep the slug alive and entertained and unlock a special surprise; Downloadable Slug Tones Various Slug-screeching ring tones available through a ROM interface downloadable on your PC in MP3, WAV and MP4 formats for use on mobile phones; Slug-A-Thon Choose your slug and compete in events like the 100 meter dash, long jump, hurdles and pole vault. Can your slug bring home the medal?; Slug Printables Download our fine printable collection and join the Save the Slugs campaign. T-Shirt Iron-ons, Stickers, Posters, Slug bracelets and more!
- None or TBC
Please note - Disc special features are subject to change, may differ from format to format and/or may differ from region to region.